Tuesday, September 7, 2010

LABOR DAY 2010

G-son was here at 6:45 this morning as mom and dad worked on this holiday. Mom works Mondays at a restaurant and dad works at an apple packing place so this is a busy day at both. Hubbie got up and tried to get him to go back to sleep to no avail.
After chores and breakfast we headed out shoe shopping. We all got a new pair of shoes today at very good deals.
We were back home before lunch and were just finishing when d-in-love came to pick up g-son.
Hubbie headed down to #2 son's to help him build a new roof for his well house.These doves are a calming sight,they are so peaceful and soothing to watch.
This Labor Day isn't a celebration to many people this year. There are so many people out of work and struggling to make ends meet that this is one holiday that will only serve to remind those folks of their present situation.
I had the afternoon all to myself and I enjoyed not doing any laboring today.
Our neighbor is a sod farmer and he had his irrigation going all day today.
I took some short walks this afternoon and then watched #1 son's wound care nurse change the wound vac on his leg. I have to do it Friday while she watches me so I can change it while we're on vacation.
I did an Avon order tonight and some end of month paperwork so August is officially in the books and it was one of the worst Augusts I've had since I started baking. I didn't notice the slow down during the month,must be because I'm slowing down also !!!!
The figures were surprising but they don't lye.
I took more pics today but accidentally deleted them all and I don't have time tonight to restore them, maybe later.
Thanking God for the blessings of today.
Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Where are you all going on vacation? I know you missed out going to the beach.. Are you trying that again???

Sounds like you had a relatively quiet Labor Day. Sorry your August was slow... All I remember is all of the cakes you baked, the bonnets and aprons you made, etc... I'm surprised it was slow... Hopefully, Sept will be better.

Hope you have a good week ahead.
Hugs,
Betsy