Wednesday, September 22, 2010

RARE SUPER HARVEST MOON

The day started out sunny and hot already. Did morning chores and had a bowl of cereal for breakfast before beginning to ice 12 caramel cakes.
I need to be finished with this before noon so I can make an Avon delivery during lunch break at a local plant.
I had 5 orders from this one place and everyone was there and had money to pay.
Back home, #1 son's nurse was sitting in the yard waiting on him to get here from his doctors appointment.
She changed his dressings and measured the wounds,she will be here Monday for her last visit unless something changes. His doctor ordered an ankle brace for him this morning and he is going to see if they can come up with some kind of brace for his knee that won't touch his wounds because his knee is growing back crooked.
Clouds and thunder rolled in while she was here but not a drop of rain fell.
I caught up on paperwork this afternoon, took me about 2 hours. I need a secretary to keep up with things while I'm gone !!
It's beginning to look a lot like fall around here. I stopped by a friends pumpkin and vegetable farm this morning and she is all decorated up.As we talked ,I noticed that there wasn't near the amount of pumpkins and squash that there usually is around her yard. She said with the dry weather this summer they had almost lost their entire crop and were having to buy some things at very high prices. Many people I watched left without a purchase but I'm sure things are just as high at all the stands this year.
Hubbie and I had some fresh green beans I bought from her tonight along with some fresh collard greens from our own garden, yum yum.
Daughter came in to do her baking while we watched Survivor on TV .
After she finished I iced chocolate and coconut cakes.
Ready to get back to market and see what's new.
Outside tonight if you are lucky enough to have clear skies like we have tonight you'll see something that happens very seldom. A full moon on the autumnal equinox is called a super harvest moon.Even through a bit of haze this is a huge bright light in the dark sky.In this photo,if you click and enlarge it you will be able to see Jupiter to the right of the moon.
The Super Harvest Moon occurs every 20 years and will not occur again until 2029.
I'm finished with everything and headed for bath early tonight at 11:45,wow.
Took a little nap while watching the news this evening,hope that doesn't keep me from sleeping.
Thanking God for the wonderful day and for the beauty of the fall season that starts tonight.
Good Night and God Bless.

No comments: