Saturday, September 11, 2010

DAY OF REMEMBRANCE AND 1990 SEPTEMBER DECADE PICS


Let's never forget.....
My prayers today go out to the families of the victims and to the future generations who will never know the peace and security we had in our past.Saw this on my way to market this morning. This memorial is near the Hendersonville Fire dept.

Market was pretty slow today as the rain started soon after I got there,but I'm sure not complaining about the badly needed rain.
I sold out of my cakes and left about 45 minutes early today. I stopped by Ingles and took a salad home for a late lunch.
Hubbie said it had been raining all day here,a nice steady slow rain.Not so good for the Fair folks on the second day of the Mountain State Fair.
Not so good for our church Block Blast this year either. We didn't go, I feel like I'm getting a cold anyway and definitely don't need to be out in this cool rain. It is 65 degrees at 3:00,brrrrrrrr,haha!!

It's been a lazy afternoon and evening a good time to do more September decade pics.
In 1990 with 3 kids now in school we were beginning a new phase of our lives.


As daughter began kindergarten this year I was left with the whole day with no kids.
She is top row 2nd from left past teacher.




#2 son began 2nd grade that year and you can tell by that smile he liked his 2nd grade class.He is top row 3rd from left past teacher wearing blue.

#1 son began 3rd grade this year with a mischeivious twinkle in his eyes ! He is in the middle of the class photo in the blue shirt with Homer Simpson on it !!

It was a good year for all three that year.
During the month of September we had other activities going on. Both boys were involved in Cub Scouts and #2 son won the pinewood derby race at our annual Scout Fair.Here he is receiving his winning trophy.
We always took the kids out to Carl Sandburg's Farm which is a public park on the other side of town. Even though we had goats on our farm it was still fun to go pet the ones out there, just ask daughter !!!

I love that shy little look on her face.
Our lives were filled with all kinds of things during these years and we tried to live life to the fullest.

I am tired tonight and I hear thunder in the distance,a perfect time to head for bed.
Thanking God for His wonderful grace today and everyday.
Good Night and God Bless.

2 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

What a cute picture of your daughter...

Sorry you didn't have many at the market today--but I know you are thrilled (like I am) to have the rain. We got 3 inches... I was thrilled to death!!!!! ha

Hope you are not getting sick. Get some rest!!!! Okay????

YES---let's NEVER forget what happened on 9/11.

God Bless YOU and God Bless America.
Hugs,
Betsy

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I was just droppin' by to wish you a great weekend and stumbled on to these great pics of your family. So sorry about the market, I hope it picked up at some point.

Yes...9/11 will forever be etched on our hearts.

God bless ya sweetie!!!