Saturday, April 9, 2011

BUSY MARKET DAY AND ME IN APRIL 1961

Had the best market day today that I have had in a very long time. Maybe this is a sign of things to come.
I had 1 cake left and got a call about a death in our church and ask to help serve a meal for the family Monday so that will be a perfect place for that cake !
After market I picked up next weeks baking supplies from Sav-Mor, Aldi and Walmart on my way home.
Took a photo CD by Walgreens to check to see if they had actually put my pictures on it because when I put it in my computer all that would come up was a Walgreens program called picture mover. They checked it and all the pictures were there and they didn't know what I was talking about when I told them what came up on my computer. So once again my computer must have taken on a mind of its own.
The weather has been unusually warm today, it was 81 degrees when I left market, but it is overcast and steamy so I expect some storms this evening.
G-son was waiting when I got home and he and daughter helped me unload and get things put away.
Daughter left for a friends birthday celebration and g-son and I played outside for a while.We had to dodge a shower from time to time but never got more than a few drops.
He rode his jeep some more and we played hide and seek and he played on his slide .

He helped me give the chickens corn and make a separate pen for one of my Blue Orphington roosters. I feel sorry for the hens with 2 huge roosters constantly running after them. With this pen he can still be in the same lot with them but he will be separated from them.
After g-son left Hubbie and I fixed some steamed broccoli and cauliflower for supper.
The clouds are thick now and we hear thunder in the distance as we relaxed after we ate.
When I went outside to shut my chickens up it was an eerie color of red and the air was very heavy. I hurriedly got everything safely inside their coups and made it back in the house just as huge raindrops started pounding down.
We turned the TV on and found out we are under a tornado watch and severe thunderstorm warning until 2 am.
I rested on the couch and watched the cloud to ground lightening streak through the distant skies for about an hour but this storm went around our area. It looked like it might have passed through the downtown area. We only got a brief hard shower.


Getting my April decade pictures started is a first grade spring school photo of me in 1961 .
If my memory serves me right I'm pretty sure I was just getting over conjunctivitis or pink eye when this picture was made. Mrs. Marlowe was my first grade teachers name.

Thankful to God tonight for all my blessings.
Good Night and God Bless.

2 comments:

Gail said...

I hope the busy market continues.

Have a wonderful day.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Marilyn, Love that little picture of you.. What a cutie pie!!!!

Glad you had a good day at the Market. Maybe that is a sign of some good times to come.

We got NO rain or even a threat of rain yesterday.. Weird... The rain was from Knoxville east --with some horrible storms near Rogersville, TN. Hope you escaped the worst of the storm.

It's downright HOT here -like Summer (in the 80's)... Unbelievable for April!!!! Does this mean a very hot summer ahead? Hope not.

Hugs,
Betsy