Tuesday, April 12, 2011

HOW MY GARDEN GROWS AND NEW PUPPY OF APRIL 1981

The storms must not have been loud last night because I didn't wake up, but it must have rained quite a bit as evidenced by the mud puddles this morning.
And it is definitely evident that the cold front has moved in,brrrrr!
G-son came early and after we had breakfast I started the weeks laundry and house cleaning while he watched Sesame Street on TV.
I had to laugh a couple times as I passed through and he was interacting with the characters on the show.
The temperature has steadily dropped all day and the wind has gotten harder so it has been no day to play outside.
He has been content to help me between watching TV and playing in his playroom.
I got all the laundry and cleaning done by the time his mom came after him.
I went outside to do the evening chores and it is really chilly with temps in the 40's and high winds.
I took these pictures of my early spring garden.
This is onions and greens with my fenced in broccoli and cabbage plants.



This is lettuce,radishes,kohlrabi,peas and potatoes.

As I walked back to the house I noticed a red azalea had joined the pink one in bloom.
Many of the other azaleas are budded out ready to burst into bloom as soon as the warm sunshine returns.

Tonight I baked 6 caramel,2 coconut,3 chocolate,3 pound and 2 blackberry wine cakes.

I'm sitting here writing this listening to the wind chimes on the front porch sing loudly in this high wind we are having. The temperature at midnight is 45 so maybe it won't get as cold as they say,the prediction is 38.

In April of 1981 one of Hubbie's aunts gave us a little peek-a-poo puppy to grow up with our first baby that was due in October.

We kept this little dog for many years until it met with Hubbie's tractor wheels,that was a sad day for all of us as the kids witnessed the accident. It is a funny thing ,we took this guy on all our lake trips and wherever we went for years and yet tonight I cannot for the life of me remember her name !!
This is the only April 1981 picture I could find. I probably wasn't in the mood to take pictures as I had morning sickness during the first months of my first pregnancy.

Thanking God for all the blessings He sent my way today.
Good Night and God bless.

1 comment:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Marilyn, Sad story about that precious little doggie.. BUT--since you had her for several years, I'm sure you have good memories instead of her death.

Your Azaleas are gorgeous. Ours haven't even thought about blooming yet. In fact, our Dogwoods are just blooming up here--and for some reason, they don't seem as pretty this year....????

It got cool last night -but is warming up nicely today.

Have a great day.
Hugs,
Betsy