Friday, April 22, 2011

RAINY,DAMP GOOD FRIDAY

Got to sleep in a little this morning until regular time.
After chores and breakfast Hubbie and I headed to church to work there this morning while it is raining.
The rain was still drizzling when we finished work and headed home for lunch so we decided to make a much needed trip to Sam's Club. Daughter was here doing her baking so off we went.
After we got everything put away and it was still cold,only 53 degrees today and very damp I decided this was the afternoon for a much needed rest. I snuggled up on the couch with my 4-legged kids who were more than happy to obliged and took a long nap.
I will probably be sorry when I'm staring at the ceiling tonight instead of sleeping but it felt oh so good this afternoon. And it refueled me for a busy evening of cake baking and icing that lasted until after midnight. I baked 3 7-up pound cakes,1 blackberry wine cake and iced 12 caramel,1 chocolate and 4 coconuts.

A restful,reflectful Good Friday was just the right medicine for my fatigued body.
I saw on the news that these people didn't mind the rain as they carried this cross all around downtown Hendersonville today to remind everyone that Jesus died on a cross to save us from our sins.
In the photo below they are in the Curb Market parking lot.

They took turns carrying the large cross.

The cross is a symbol of the unimaginable suffering of our Savior and Sunday is the day we celebrate His resurrection from the tomb. What a glorious day that is !!

Thank you Lord !!!!!!

Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment: