Wednesday, April 20, 2011


Extra early alarm sounds this morning as we get ready to make a trip to the Picken's Flea Market with daughter and g-son coming along.G-son was so excited he talked his aunt T's ears off. I'll bet she hears "hey aunt T" in her sleep tonight as many times as she heard it today.
We were all ready by 8 am and hit the road south.
We kept looking for the clouds to lift and the sun to appear as the weather wizards had promised, but it didn't happen.
We sat in a long line of cars getting to the market and then had a very hard time finding a place to park. As we crossed the bridge into the first row of market vendors we could smell the rain.
After one row we felt raindrops and decided to head for the van since it was a long walk away. We made it with only minor wetness thankfully just in time as the down pour started. We decided to drive into the town of Pickens and hit some thrift stores.
I found this treasure in one of them for only $2.
As we got do-nuts and drinks at a Bi-lo grocery store the rain stopped as suddenly as it had started and the sun came out so we headed back to the flea market.
No crowds this time and many vendors were still there, all the ones under the sheds were still open and many of the outside ones had just covered up their merchandise to wait for the rain to pass and were opening back up.
Sadly for them the hue crowd was gone and deals were easy to come by.
I went looking for plants and we found plenty at very good prices.
Tomatoes of all kinds, peppers both hot and bell,squash, basil,cilantro ,parsley, we've got a job when we get home !Does he looked relaxed of what ????? Hubbie is also lagging behind in the dark gray shirt.

I also found this little pitcher that I just couldn't leave behind.This is one side....And this is the other.....
It has no markings on it but looks old.G-son is becoming quite the bargain hunter.He will ask "How many dollars is this?" to the vendors who always give him an excellent deal.
I also bought 2 little pullet chicks that I thought were the same size as my chicks but discovered when I got home that they were significantly smaller. I had to do some shifting around,more on that later with pictures of the cuties but tonight after getting home at 3:00 , dealing with the chicken shifting, planting all our plants, doing weekly paperwork and paying bills,icing 6 caramel, 3 coconut cakes and baking a 7-up pound for an order that I over looked i'm to tired tonight to type anymore.
Grateful to God for a safe ,fun trip for all today.
Good Night and God Bless.


Gail said...

Sounds like a wonderful day out. Talking of cakes made me hungry!

Julie Harward said...

Sounds like a great day...I would love to take off and do that! Looks like some real cute things too :D

Grace on the Narrow Path said...

Looks like everyone had a lot of fun. Maybe this summer I will make it up there and we could meet for lunch. I love that area it is really beautiful.
Thank you for praying for Joshua.

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Sounds like all of you had a good time and got some good deals at the Flea Market....

Love that old pitcher... NEAT!!!

Have a great day.