Thursday, April 7, 2011

FIRST THURSDAY AT MARKET IS OKAY

First Thursday market day of the year !
When I got there it did not look promising as the parking lot was empty except for vendor cars that I recognized.
I did some spring cleaning around my tables while I waited on the few customers that came through. Actually I wound up having a decent day after all. Even sold 1 of son's spoon/fork wind chimes.
I left a little early as the market emptied out and I had a lot of errands to run.
I went to 2 banks,the P.O.,picked up dry cleaning,picked up an unwanted Avon order,
picked up my regular Avon order,picked up baking supplies from Aldi and Walmart and Ingles, picked up a photo CD from Walgreens,whew and I still made it home by 4:00.
I had everything unloaded and put away by the time Hubbie came in from work and we headed to g-son's base ball game.
G-son didn't do as well tonight as he has been doing but even I got kind of bored tonight. Three games in four days is a bit much. Today's game seemed to go on forever .
I broke up my boredom watching this Robin search for his dinner in the community gardens that border the park.
There were lots of vegetables coming up in the raised beds of the garden, onions,peas,
lettuce and greens.
Hubbie and I had a quick hot dog supper when we got home and did our chores for the evening.
It has been a beautiful day with temperatures in the low 70's and not a cloud in the sky.
It is still 59 degrees at 11:00 tonight.
I am tired tonight from this schedule change in my activities. I've noticed as I age these changes get harder to adjust to. Couple that with a boring 5 hours at market and I feel like I have been running a race today.
I'm going to finish watching the news and head for bed.
Thankful to God for a wonderful blessing filled day.
Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Marilyn, Glad you had an okay day at the market yesterday...

Sounds like you got lots of other errands run before the game!!!

YES--changes are hard; much harder as we age!!!!! Darn!
Hugs,
Betsy