Saturday, September 29, 2012

FALL OLD TIMEY DAY

Up and out an hour earlier than usual this Saturday. If we don't get to market early on this day there won't be a parking place. Fall Old Timey days are always busy and hopefully this one will be even with the threat of rain in the forecast.
We got there just after 8:00 and got set up without any interuptions. A re-certification of why I don't go at 8:00 every morning, I sold my first item at 9:45 today !!
When daughter came in I took time to walk around and make pictures.
There was a line for the wood stove cooked breakfast of ham and sausage biscuits or a plate of sausage and gravy biscuits.
Hubbie ( in the gray t-shirt) cooked ham and sausage while a neighbor Liz stirred a huge pot of gravy.

There was fall fare for sale outside.

As well as inside on our tables. This is my one pumpkin that made it this year.

The aisles were full of shoppers today as everyone was enjoying the nice fall day.
Pick'n and pound'n livened things up with their music all day.
The 40's was our dress-up theme for today and this is my outfit.
This is a pic from yesterday when I tried the outfit on at home.
Don't know if it was truly 40's or not but it sure reminded me of my mother's type of dress when she went to market.
All in all it was a good day and seemed to be enjoyed by all,  young and old .
I was making my supplies stops on the way home when the skies opened up and poured rain. I had an extended stay in Aldi waiting for the downpour to slack before heading to the van.
When I got home it had poured here as well but had stopped and the sun was battling the clouds.
After we got unloaded we both crashed for a little while to see what the weather was going to do.
Just as I finished chores the rain began again and then stopped just as quickly. I poured 1/2" from the gauge as I came inside.
Off and on rain is predicted overnight as a cool front passes through our area and then tomorrow  the serious rain comes with another front.
After hubbie grilled us burgers tonight to go with sweet potato fries from the freezer I decided to blog early so I could work on my next blog book.
Thanking God tonight for the beautiful day and for the blessings that came with it.
Good Night and God Bless.



2 comments:

Gail said...

The dress reminds me of mother. Thank you.

It seems things taste better on a wood stove. We have a perfect one in the old house if we had one good back between us I would love to move it over here in the main house. The stove pipe is already there and it's between the dining and kitchen.

linda m said...

You look very cute in your 40's dress. Looks like one my mother used to wear. Nothing better than grilled burgers and feet potato fries. God's blessings to you.