Wednesday, February 27, 2013

BEAUTIFUL DAY TAKES AWAY WINTER BLAHS

Woke to a totally different looking morning with the sun shining brightly. However as I pulled out of the driveway taking g-son to school I noticed the road looked like it might have some ice on it and sure enough some shady spots and bridges along the way were very icy. On the way home I met #1 son in a salt and sand truck spreading on the icy spots.
There was a bad wreck just up the road soon after I got home but don't know if slick roads had anything to do with it or not. At least no one got badly hurt.
After chores and devotions I vacuumed and mopped all my floors and did a bit more paper shredding before lunch.
It is still a really nice day so I went outside for a nice long walk. The sun felt good on my face as I walked. This  sky sure looks different than yesterday's thankfully we have days like this mixed in with the dreary days to help us get through the winter.
Daughter called on her way back from a NCWISE conference in Greensboro and asked if I could pick up her jeep at Fatz cafe in town and take it back to school. She wasn't going to make it back in time to catch the basketball team at school so she was meeting them at Fatz cafe where they were having an early supper before traveling to their second round play-off game at Mt. Heritage High school.
G-son was tired this afternoon and went to sleep in the van on the way back home from delivering daughter's jeep.
After chores and supper I did weekly paperwork and payed bills. I also did more shredding.
I worked on my taxes today and with one day left in February I'm determined to get them done tomorrow,wish me luck !!!
Daughter called and said her team lost the game tonight so their season is finished for this year.
Watched Survivor on TV tonight and am headed to bed early as I didn't sleep well last night and am feeling the effects tonight.
Thanking God for His gracious blessing of today.
Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment:

linda m said...

I wish you good luck in getting your taxes done. Also lucky you getting some sunshine finally. We are still having light snow fall after being hit with another heavy winter storm. Blessings