Sunday, February 10, 2013


On a cloudy Sunday morning I took my time getting out of bed. Thankfully I get two days that my alarm can be reset and no one cares except the chickens.
After chores and breakfast I got ready for church. I was almost late because I had packed my Bible away in one of the boxes I moved out of my office and it took longer than I expected to find which one it was in.
Church was good,g-son didn't want to go to children's church so he sat beside me and we wrote notes during the sermon. One of the older girls was sitting on his other side and he kept getting closer and closer to her in the pew,it was hilarious !
After church everyone made it to lunch. We had a crock pot full of 5-bean soup and a cake of cornbread.
After everyone left I went to work cleaning out the closet in my office. I used to do a lot of selling on E-bay and this closet became my storage area for the items that didn't sell. I got a box of things that I need to put back on E-bay to sell out of there today.
I finished that job just in time for chore time. It started raining just as I was coming back into the house. We are supposed to get heavy rains overnight and tomorrow.
Our area is under a flood watch and a wind advisory.
I can hear the rain outside and it sounds pretty steady with a temperature of 42 degrees at 10:00 tonight.
I worked some in my office putting things back in their new places tonight. It is a slow process because I am going through everything and throwing away alot of things. I even went through a bunch of ink pens and threw out the ones that didn't write. I worked until about 9:00 when my back started hurting and then I worked on my blog.
February 1983 must have been a pretty snowy month from all the snow pictures I found for my decade series.
This is hubbie and #1 son in the yard of our first home.

#1 son was a very curious little boy and at 16 months old  he looks like he didn't like the snow much.
His first Snowman !!!
This is our little dog at that time, I can't remember her name.
At this time #1 son was unaware that he was very soon going get a little brother.
#1 son still was not sleeping through the night and you can tell by my face I was tired,probably as tired of being pregnant as I was of getting up several times each night.
Loving his dad's  cowboy boots and his Steelers PJ's.
That fish aquarium in the background of this picture brings back memories of many nights spent in the recliner going back to sleep while #1 son stared at the fish swimming around for hours in the middle of the night.
Thankful tonight for the wonderful memories of the richly blessed life that God chose for me. I am forever grateful for my family.
Good night and God Bless.


linda eller said...

Cleaning out a drawer or closet and the finds, sometimes can bring back sweet memories. Thanks for sharing yours.

linda m said...

Thanks for sharing your memories. Reminds me of when my son was little (he's 43 now). We had rain yesterday. Today it is very windy, 31 degrees, and snowing. Blessings