Friday, February 8, 2013

FINALLY READY TO SWITCH DESK

Driving through pea soup this morning on the way to school.
Also enough moisture on the windshield to remind me to tell hubbie I need new windshield wiper blades !
With g-son safely at school and me safely back at home I did morning chores with the help of my two girls who are always close by my side when I'm outside no matter what I'm doing. I had to laugh when I saw this picture as they both have the same look on their faces,that "oh no, there's that camera again" look !!
The skies are mean looking this morning as we get just a taste of the historical blizzard that is set to hit the northeast as two fronts come together. Up to three feet of snow is predicted along with very high winds causing blizzard conditions. They have named this storm Nemo.
All we will get hopefully is these angry clouds and some high winds overnight tonight.

Back inside I spent the morning baking cakes for market tomorrow.
After lunch I  took a nice walk in the 52 degree weather which didn't feel bad if you could get out of the wind.
I finally finished cleaning off and around my old desk. If you are wondering why it has taken me so long to get this done all you have to do is look at this photo.

Each year when the deep cleaning month of January comes around I kind of forget about this room. Since it is my office and no one else comes in there and the door usually stays shut everything that doesn't have a place somewhere else lands in  this room. As you can see a lot of it lands on, under or around my desk.
This is an old solid wood desk hubbie got for me years ago when one of his buddies remodeled the office at one of the local camps.
Daughter came by on her way to the highschool to take her basketball teams to Brevard for their games tonight and brought her baked goods by as well as my Secret Sister's name. I'm excited about the secret sister program her and d-in-love have started at our church. They have had a very good response and it should be great fun for all the ladies involved.
This evening when hubbie came in from work we had to take the old desk apart so we could get it out of the room and into the basement.
Even in four pieces it was still a heavy load to move as we carried it out the front door and around the house to the basement where it will be put back together and used as a table.
The new (used but new to me) desk is not nearly as heavy and was only in two parts. So it was an easier move from the basement around the house and in the front door.
It is a tad smaller than the old one but fits nicely.
Hopefully I can keep this one looking a lot neater than the old one,at least for a while !!
A piece of the veneer was loose so hubbie glued it tonight so I can start moving things back in tomorrow evening.
We took breaks to do chores and eat supper so after we got finished with the moving I had cakes to ice, 6 caramel and 2 coconut cakes.
I wanted to hurry and get them done as the wind outside sounds like it might blow down some power lines.
Daughter called and said her teams won both games so everyone was happy,only one more regular season game to go.
With a tired mind as I keep hitting wrong keys on here and a very tired body from all the straining and lifting I'm headed for bath and bed.
Thanking God for the blessings of today and saying a prayer for the folks in the path of blizzard Nemo.
Good Night and God Bless.




2 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Great 'new' desk.... I know you will enjoy it. My desk is quite messy also... Things just accumulate there for some reason!!!!! ha

Cloudy and dreary here again today but no rain or fog --after the early morning rains... The temps got colder throughout the day. Don't think we got above 35 all day long ....

Have a good day tomorrow. Glad we escaped the blizzard... Yipes!
Hugs,
Betsy

Unknown said...

I understand the "desk" situation. I too have had the annual cleaning. I bought a new computer and that made it time to clean and rearrange. Hope you don't get snowed in!