Thursday, May 30, 2013

GRADUATION 2003

New life on the farm !!!

#1 son took today off to go on a field trip with g-son so they went to school together this morning giving me a few extra minutes of snoozing today.
After my regular morning duties I took my daily walk and discovered this little guy had just been born. It's been several years since we have had calves born in our pastures. It's good to see the new spring life !!
I wanted to call Rebecca but thought she might be sleeping after last night's work. She called me a bit later and asked if I saw the calf nursing. She and Aaron had checked early in the morning and it hadn't been born yet so evidently it came sometime between 8:00 and 10:00.
I did see it get up and nurse it's mother so all is well. Little Evy is still giving mom and dad crying fits all night and this morning. Hopefully her colic will ease up in the coming weeks.
I baked 6 caramel,3 chocolate and 4 pound cakes this morning then cleaned the sunroom and kitchen. With the afternoon free I did some small tasks that I had been putting off, like changing my things into a summer purse and doing some extra laundry and hanging it on the line in the nice sunny 82 degree day.
After hubbie grilled us a couple of chuck steaks from the trip to the meat market on Monday I did chores, finished weekly paperwork and iced my cakes before falling into my comfortable bed for the night.
Finishing up the May decade pictures tonight with May 2003. My youngest child graduated that year.
Daughter was in the top 8 of her class and was headed to college in the fall.
Each graduating class always gave the principle some small token when he handed them their diploma. A classmate of daughter's was from Louisiana and had many of the mardi gras bead necklaces. If you look closely in this photo you can see the necklaces each graduate put around the principle's neck.
Let the celebration begin !!
We were thankful for the nice clear evening of graduation.
I remember feeling relief that this was the last tearful graduation I would need to attend.
Each May a new group of young people start their adult lives after highschool is finished.
Praying this year for the class of 2013.
Grateful to God that my kids are all successful adults.
Good Night and God Bless.



No comments: