Wednesday, May 8, 2013


Another pretty foggy morning as I made my way to school with g-son today. And again the sun and clouds were in a battle for time which the clouds mostly won.
My knee feels better today and I am trying to take it as easy as I can but I still have housework and cake baking to do.
At a much slower speed than normal I finished cleaning the floors at lunch time. After a quick sandwich I baked 6 caramel and 3 chocolate layer cakes for market tomorrow.
Since the clouds were low and thick by the time I finished baking I started on my weekly paperwork early. With the closing on the sale of hubbie's old parents house coming up on Thursday I have been on the phone off and on all afternoon with our lawyer to get the papers ready by then.
After picking up g-son and getting him settled in with food in front of him I sewed the last 3 tool aprons I had cut out. Now I will have to find some "cut-out" time in my shop to get a new stock of sewing.
#1 son came after g-son to go home and get ready for church.
Well it has made it all day until chore time this evening to begin to rain. It was a short shower and only dropped about 1/10th inch but it made the mud slick again.
As I was starting to ice my cakes the police scanner sprang into action with an unthinkable triple homicide on the other side of town. Shot at point blank range with an automatic weapon were an estranged wife and her mother and father in the front yard of a home they shared.The man they said did it was running through fields along highway 25 just before Fletcher causing the road to be shut down and the area saturated with law enforcement carrying big weapons. The shooter was reported to have an automatic rifle and a pistol so they weren't taking any chances. The shooter was a young man who went to school with my boys,Robert Warren,just 32 years old.
I wondered what in the world would cause this young man to commit such a horrific crime ?
After about an hour of stressful searching he was found with a self inflicted gunshot wound and was pronounced dead at the scene.

This man and his wife were embroiled in a bitter custody battle for their 2 young children and there is much speculation that drugs, possibly meth, was also involved. What ever the cause or reason in about a time span of one hour these two young children are left without a mother or father or a couple of grandparents and a horrifying memory as they were also at the home where the shooting happened.
God will step into these children's lives and heal their young minds I am sure, but the thoughts of someone having so little concern for their own kids to subject them to something like this must have been totally out of their mind.
I pray tonight for God to step into these lives and take them under His comforting care.
Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment:

linda eller said...

What a horrible situation for the little ones left. Prayers for them for their future.