Friday, May 31, 2013

STREP THROAT SNEAKS IN AND MAY RECAP

G-son was here at 7 to start the day off. Hubbie took today off as he has some time off to use up before the end of June or he will loose it. For the weeks in June he is only going to work 3 days each week. He took g-son to school while I did chores. We had breakfast then he headed outside for some weed cutting  duty and I also took advantage of the cool beautiful morning to work on some planting chores. I found pots for the herbs I bought at Garden Jubilee and also put a couple plants into larger pots.
It was almost 11:00 when I finally came inside to do Friday's housecleaning and bake cakes. I baked 6 caramel,3 chocolate, 2 coconut, 2 pound and 2 blackberry wine cakes.
After giving the kitchen a good cleaning I went outside to sit in the sun for a few minutes. G-son's other g-ma called and said she had just picked him up from school and he looked sick and just wanted to come here.
As soon as I saw him get out of her car with those big dark circles around his eyes I knew he had something wrong going on. He didn't really act sick and said his teacher took his temperature and he didn't have one, he just said he didn't feel so good all over. I got him a cold water and asked him if anything hurt. As he made an extra effort to swallow the water he said his throat hurt when he swallowed. When I looked down his throat it really looked bad,really red with pus pimples.
While he went to work on his Ironman legos I called his mom and told her about his throat. She made him a doctor appointment and #1 son came by to take him when he got off work.
He has a bad case of Strep Throat,yuck !!!
Little Evy came again tonight while mom went to work. She is in a better mood tonight and we had a nice time waiting on dad to get done planting soy beans for the day.
After she went home I iced my cakes and hubbie and I went ahead and loaded everything except the coconut cakes in the van so we can get an early start tomorrow for old timey day.
I can't believe May is already over !! When June comes I always think summer is here even though officially it's not.
Over the past month there have been some first and some good news for members of my family.
We finally closed Hubbie's parents estate as the old house sale became final. It is good to have that finished completely.
#1 son and d-in-love had a pretty routine month with g-son recovering from his dis-located elbow in time to return to get to play one soccer game.
#2 son got some good news at his PO job as he finally was put on a regular route routine. In bad news for him, his 2007 jeep rubicon started using an exceptional amount of oil. When he looked it up on the internet he discovered this was very common with the motor his jeep had so he decided to trade it for a new Toyota Tacoma truck.
Daughter had a busy month, studying for and passing a business pracus test to apply for a teaching job at the high school where she is already a basketball coach. She passed the test and had an interview for the job.
I had a wonderful Mother's Day with my family as well made a trip to Garden Jubilee with daughter and our friend Rebecca. Market was a little busier this month as more of our "snowbirds" return from Florida. Rebecca is the mother of a beautiful little baby girl and had to go back to work this month. She works two twelve hour days each week. From the time she goes to work, about 6pm until her husband Aaron gets home from his farming job I keep little Evy. Bless her heart she is having some stomach problems but is such  a sweet baby I just have to keep inventing new ways to keep her from crying from her stomach pains.
The weather has been kind of crazy with most of the first part of the month cooler than normal and very wet. We had a flood the first part of the month. At the end of the month we really need some rain on our newly planted garden.
This is our garden at the end of May, with the cooler weather it is behind this year.
Feeling philosophical tonight I will leave this month with this thought.
Good Night and God Bless.

No comments: