Sunday, May 19, 2013


For the second morning in a row I was awakened early to pounding rain on the roof. Thankfully after dozing back off the rain stopped and I did chores without the soaking I got yesterday.
Church was good today we had another couple join. There was a fellowship lunch after but our family had other plans so we came home to a crock pot full of chilli and a cake of corn bread that hubbie baked last night.  G-son had to be at his soccer game at 1:15 so there was only time to grab a bowl of chilli and head out.
Hubbie and I stopped by our regular estate sale place on the way to the game. Hubbie bought a large garden cart for hauling wood and garden plants around in. I found another dog carrier and a turbo cooker. They said they are having a huge Memorial Day sale next weekend.
We made it to g-son's soccer game. The doctor had originally said he couldn't play any more this year but changed her mind after seeing him last week. He was very happy to get to play in the last few games of the season. He had a game yesterday morning that got rained out. This was the only Sunday game he had and the only game that I could have went to as all the Saturday games were during market time.
He looked so happy playing with all the other kids.Love the facial expressions !!!

He took his turn playing goalie and did a very good job even after getting hit in the face with a kicked ball.
He loved scoring goals.

About half of the kids on each team didn't make it to today's game. I like this aspect of playing 3 on 3 so they could learn the basics of the game much better than when I coached my boys at this age. Back then there were 11 kids on each team on the field at the same time. We coaches were lucky to just get them all going the right way.
This is me at one of my boys games back in 1989 when they were 6 and 7. No one else would coach so I volunteered then had to learn the game along with the kids but we had fun .
It was hard to see who was doing what in the sea of players when they took the field.
This was our team, #1 son is 3rd from left and #2 son is 6th from left both on the back row.
This is #1 son who was 7 that year.
And #2 son was 6 years old.
Watching g-son's game today brought back happy memories of  yesteryear for me. Watching the young mother that was coaching g-son's team brought back memories of all the things I used to get involved in with my kids. We had so much fun and I'm so glad I got to experience so many different things with my kids and learn along with them.
When I came home I relaxed the rest of the day and  recharged for the busy week ahead.
#2 son who has been playing golf all afternoon came by for supper of let over chilli and cornbread. He said he really likes his new truck. It will take some time for me to get used to seeing him in this as I have been so used to seeing him in that silver jeep the last 6 years.
Thankfully after the morning rain the rest of the day was just cloudy with no rain and a mild mid 70's temperature. I emptied 1/2 inch from the gauge this afternoon that all fell in the early morning hours.
So grateful to God tonight for the opportunity to  be involved with so many activities through the years and being able to began again with g-son's activities.
Good Night and God Bless.


linda m said...

G-son looks so cute playing soccer - glad the doctor said he could play. My son played flag football at that age. Soccer wan't played around where we lived. you are fortunate that you can be a part of your grandchildren's activities. My grandson lives too far away for me to be able to attend many of his activities. God's blessings to you.

Betsy Adams said...

Oh the memories... My sons never played soccer --but did play football, basketball and baseball. Can't remember if soccer was even offered back then...????

Great pictures --of the Mama coach and her boys!!!! Glad your grandson is playing. He looks like he will be a good soccer player!

Rained here BIGTIME all day yesterday.. Even had some flooding in downtown Crossville. We were fine --but had a ton of rain!