Sunday, October 19, 2014

BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION FOR G-SON'S # 8

After chores and breakfast this morning I cut up apples for my "blooming apple " dessert today. These turned out very good although when I make then again I won't use as much brown sugar , as mine were very sweet. I used this recipe for 2 apples and made 8 so I 4 times all the ingredients.

Everyone made it to church today and then we had lunch with everyone but Aaron who had to go to work right after church and #2 son who is golfing as usual.
To go with our apple dessert we had roast beef, boiled potatoes, kale greens, roasted turnips and corn.
After we ate we brought out the requested caramel cake that the birthday boy wanted along with ice cream.  The big #8 candle was lit and the party began.




It was a small family event , but he acted like he enjoyed it very much and couldn't wait to dig into the lego construction.
He even got another later present when his uncle D finished his golf game and brought a late present by for him.
Happy EIGHT YEAR BIRTHDAY to G-SON  !!!

Little Evy started not feeling well at all and her and her mom left to take naps, #1 son's family left to relax for the afternoon and daughter went home to make fried apple pies for the orchard stand.
Hubbie watched a race on TV and I sat outside in the nice mid 60's sunny afternoon. It felt so good I took a nap out in the sunshine.
When I woke up the sun was going down and it had gotten really cool quickly so I came inside the sunroom to catch up on some reading and relax with the 4-legged kids awhile.
After chores it was more relaxing for the evening to spend a Sunday as it should be spent relaxing and enjoying the beauty of God's creations.
The temperature tonight is supposed to get into the mid 30's with spotty frost. I still have a few plants outside that are tender but they are all underneath porches so I won't bring them in just yet, probably later in the week everything will be brought in for the winter. We are actually past the time of our average killing frost which usually comes around the 15th of October.

Thankful for the blessings of this day and striving to do His will in all that I do.
Good Night and God Bless.




1 comment:

linda m said...

Birthday parties are always so much fun. Glad g-son enjoyed his party. We had a heavy frost when I woke up yesterday morning. Not bad enough to kill everything. I do think winter is on it's way though. Blessings