Wednesday, October 1, 2014

FOUR WHEELING

A 6:45 morning again as g-son is still running a low grade fever and feels yucky.  He ate breakfast then started looking for boxes or anything he could build with. I encourage these creative bouts he has and helped gather all the things he needed.
Meet "Boxy"  .

He was proud of his creation.

I spent the morning baking cakes, 3 chocolate , 6 pound cakes and 2 blackberry wine cakes and had just filled the ovens when d-in-love called and wanted me to bring g-son over to school to have the school nurse check his ear that has been hurting.  I couldn't leave my cakes so she came and got him.  After looking him over the nurse said he probably just had a lot of nasty congestion causing all his problems. She didn't see anything that looked like it warranted antibiotics.
He came back just in time to meet Evy who was staying with me while her mom went to a class at the hospital. 
My baking was finished so after we had lunch we headed outside for some fun in the sunny warm day.
They hauled this jeep out of the storage shed while I went to get the battery.


I got a kick out of seeing them working so well together.
I put the battery in and they were off. I didn't know if Evy would like riding in the jeep or not ,but she loved it. 




They rode around the circle drive with Evy pointed out the sights along the way,haha ,  so cute.
As soon as g-son got out to get something she scooted over into the driver's seat and sat patiently waiting his return.

G-son also tried to give her a driving lesson with her steering and him mashing the gas but she couldn't turn the stiff steering wheel.


In the 80 degree heat they abandoned the jeep for the shade of what g-son calls his "tree house" .  This old magnolia tree in the back yard is the perfect climbing tree.


We came inside for a bathroom break and some refreshments before Evy's mom picked her up.
G-son wanted to rest and watch TV so I went to my office to do some sewing.  Which I guess was not to be today. Just as I started to uncover the machine g-son came in with the TV remote saying he must have mashed the wrong button because the TV went off and wouldn't come back on.
Sooooooo,  I spent the rest of the afternoon with Direct TV on the phone trying to reverse whatever he did.   We never did get that remote to work and had to reprogram the one for the other TV to use on this TV.  She is sending me instructions to try to program this remote to the downstairs TV or I will have to buy another remote.
He must have pushed a deadly combination of buttons to totally render the remote useless.
After chores and supper hubbie and I made our last "check out trip" up to #2 son's house. He left Sunday with three other guys he works with headed to Myrtle Beach to spend three days playing golf down there.  They got a special deal from one of the golfing beach resorts and couldn't turn down a trip like that.  He is coming back tonight so we have been checking on his house each day while he was away.
He will return the favor by helping get the stainless steel liner in our chimney.
I did weekly paperwork and payed the bills before icing my chocolate cakes tonight. I will probably be sorry I didn't do any caramel but I don't expect much business tomorrow at all.
Grateful for the blessing of enjoying these little ones today. I am so blessed and am so thankful for each day.
Good Night and God Bless.



No comments: