Saturday, October 18, 2014

MAIN STREET

Up and off to market early this morning had several orders that were being picked up early.
This was a very good selling day at market, I almost sold out of everything before 2:00 rolled around.
There was nothing going on up on main street today so customers could easily find parking in our parking lot and that seems to have made a positive difference for us today.
The market isles were filled all day and folks were buying.
After market I needed to walk up on main street to a toy store that is up there that has different things than you can find in the box stores. I needed to find g-son a birthday present since he told me he did not want just money but a toy surprise.  I found him a really nice Lego set that will keep him busy for quite a while.  The name of the toy store is "Dancing Bear toys".
These are some pics I took while walking down main street.
These cars caught my attention.
And I chuckled when I saw this car stopped at the light and thought "wow, the bat mobile" !!

The street was very crowded today in both directions amid the old stores that all have living space on the second floors.

This "before I die" wall was a neat addition to the downtown, there were some interesting things written on it.
I ventured into a few other stores but found nothing else I wanted today.
I walked back to the van that I had left in the market parking lot and headed out to Aldi to pick up baking supplies and birthday decorations.
I made it home around 5:00, hubbie was here finishing the lawn mowing. He had went over to daughter's to mow her lawn that hasn't been mowed in a while.  She is in Concord, NC with her volleyball team in the first round of state play-offs. Her team won their game and will travel back down the same road Tuesday to play another game against an undefeated team from that area.
After we got the van unloaded and put things away we walked with Aaron, Rebekah and Evy over to their property across the road where Aaron had spent the day grading out roads so we could see the property lines. My dad once owned this property and had an old saw mill over there. Hopefully we can find that site again.  It is still too grown up to tell exactly where it is yet.
That was a long walk and before we got back to the house it had gotten pretty cool, fall is definitely in the air.  The temperature has stayed in the low 60's today and this evening it is 51 at 11:00. 
After chores and supper hubbie and I relaxed for a nice Saturday night. Me on the couch with my 4-legged kids and hubbie in his recliner.
My favorite time of year and my favorite thing to do on these nice fall days is to be outside exploring.
Loving life right now and praising my Heavenly Father each moment of every day for this opportunity.
Good Night and God Bless.





1 comment:

linda m said...

Sounds like the perfect Saturday to me. Blessings