Thursday, October 9, 2014

TO MARKET, TO MARKET

Off to market early this morning.  Every time I write that I think I must be one of "the little piggys", the one that "went to market" I guess, haha.
Market was slow today but thankfully all the orders got picked up so I had a decent day.  I chatted with a couple folks who came through that I hadn't seen in a long time so it was a nice day. Rebekah brought Evy by for a little while at the end of market time so she could go check out a consignment sale my niece is having down the street from market.
After she left with her mom I ran the regular errands and then met up with them again at Aldi to pick up groceries for each of us.
I also made a stop at Walmart than headed home. I got here about the same time as hubbie came in from work.  We unloaded and then had supper while waiting out a light rain shower.
It has been a pretty warm sunny day but this evening the dark clouds rolled in and now it is starting to rain.
We did the evening chores and then #1 son brought g-son's scout shirt by for me to sew on his numbers and patches.  This brought back memories as he is in the same Cub Scout pack that his dad and uncle D were in when they were his age. Hubbie was Cub Master back then and I was the district agent.  We still have our shirts from those days and I have both boy's shirts. #1 son found his today packed away in the closet and took it home with him tonight.
I got all the numbers lined up and ready to sew tonight. This took a lot longer than I remember it used to,haha. Don't think my eye sight is as good as it used to be.
Baked 7 caramel and 2 special birthday cakes tonight before calling it a complete day.
Grateful for the many blessings of this day.
Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment:

linda m said...

Boy, does that shirt bring back some memories. My son was a cub scout also. And yes, those numbers do look larger than I remember. Have a great weekend. Blessings