Monday, October 20, 2014

PUMPKINS, GUORDS, OH MY !!

A cool 39 degrees this morning with no signs of any frost, even in the bottom pastures that always get frost first.
After chores and breakfast this morning Rebekah and Evy came over and we all got in hubbie's truck and headed up to Canton to look at modular homes and double wides.  As we went through the homes in several lots I was thinking Aaron and Rebekah have some major decisions to make for their future. I don't envy them at all, I'm happy for them that they are in the situation to need to make these decisions but I don't envy them in making them !!
Evy loved waiting in the truck a couple times because she got to "drive" !!
Canton,NC is higher up in the mountains than where we live but the color there was not out yet either.

We stopped at a J&S cafeteria to have lunch, everyone was pretty hungry after a morning of house hunting. She looks scared that I might not be a good driver of her high chair !!
After we ate we stopped by the WNC farmers market and found acorn squash, green tomatoes and white sweet potatoes to store for the winter.  There was more pumpkins and guords than I have ever seen before.

We stopped for chicken feed and made it home around 3:00 for Evy to get an afternoon nap in.
Hubbie and I put all the feed away then he mowed the lawn, (he's hoping for the last time this season) while I pulled weeds form the garden for the chickens and got our weekly laundry started.
I searched for some yellow cloth in my sewing shop for our costumes for trunk or treat this year but didn't find enough of the right shade of yellow to make them so I will have to buy some.
I have come up with a plan to improve my sewing time and also use some of the sewing machines that are just sitting now.  More on that later, hopefully tomorrow as I have time to move things around.
G-son received his first badges tonight at a Cub Scout ceremony. This is him and his dad receiving the badges and pinning them on. Guess I will have more sewing to do !!

He really likes scouting and I think that is wonderful.  I have many wonderful memories of his dad and uncle when we were involved with scouting.
I finished 4 loads of laundry this evening and caught up my blog book reading.   Talked to daughter tonight and they are gearing up for round two of the state volleyball play-offs tomorrow. Good luck to them and safe travel wishes.
Grateful to God for our safe travel today and for another beautiful day. Praying for guidance for Aaron and Rebekah in the decisions they are facing.
Good Night and God Bless.



1 comment:

linda m said...

I am happy for Aaron and Rebekah. I pray they make a good decision. Love going to Farmer's Markets at this time of year as I love squash of any kind. Congrats to g-son on his badge. Blessings