Monday, December 22, 2014

BUSY BAKING MONDAY AND 1994 CHRISTMAS

A nasty day with cool temp and light rain making it feel like it should be snowing.  They are predicting over 3 inches of rain for area by Christmas day. I wonder how much snow that would be if the temps were about 6 degrees lower??
After chores and breakfast I dove into my cake baking for the day. I baked 18 caramel, 5 coconut, 4 chocolate, 5 pound and 2 blackberry wine cakes before having a late lunch.
Daughter had left her car here early this morning while her and Re went into Asheville to do some shopping and go to see the gingerbread creations at the Grove Park Inn along with a couple other errands.
They came back and had lunch here of last night's left overs.  Re went home to let El get a nap while daughter went to get her hair cut.  I iced 6 caramel cakes while I waited on them to finish these things before we all went back to Asheville to do more shopping at a Belks store that is closing.
We all finally got together about 4:30 and hubbie went along also. Hubbie and I rode with Re and EL and daughter met us over there.
We shopped for 2 hours finding quite a few great deals before we wore out and headed home.As we walked back to the car from the store we felt tiny snow flakes hitting our faces but the rain began on the way home and last all night.
I spent the rest of the evening back in the kitchen icing caramel,chocolate and coconut cakes, finishing and getting to bed at 1am.
With no pics today I will continue with my decade photo post.  In December of 1994 our kids were 13, 11, and 9 years old. Christmas of course had lost some of its shine but they were still excited on Christmas morning.
This was our tree and gifts that year.
#1 son enjoying his gifts.

#2 son...

Daughter always had a big smile on her face on Christmas morning.
With my mother gone and hubbie's grandmother gone there wasn't that many places to go for our Christmas in these years.
This is my side of the family's Christmas, that year at my oldest brother, Robert's house. He got the boobby gift that year  !!!
The kids all had a good time when they got together.
This is my oldest brother and his wife, Lauren with their 2 kids.
My youngest brother , his wife and 2 of their kids.
I was laughing to myself as I post these pictures that the older the kids got the less pictures there are of our activities.

Thankful for the Reason for the Season !
Good Night , God Bless and Merry Christmas.








No comments: