Thursday, December 18, 2014

BUSY MARKET AND MY FIRST DECEMBER 1954

Off to market this morning right on time after a restless not much sleep night.  I do feel better this morning so maybe I have outlasted whatever is trying to get me down.
Market was busy today, thankfully, I also took several more orders for Saturday and next Tuesday. I also got word that my check for the 50 cake order earlier in the month would be ready tomorrow so that was a relief.
After market I ran regular errands and made some extra shopping stops to pick up gifts for the great nephews.  Sis-in-law and I nailed down the menu and time today for our Sunday family get together.
I didn't make it home until almost 5:30 so it was hurry up time to get the van unloaded and the chores done before complete darkness caught us.  In my hurry I walked into the closed screen door and popped my neck and bloodied my nose.  I can't remember the last time I had a bloody nose by I surely had one today.
After getting all the work finished I had a headache and an aching neck muscle from my crash with the door so instead of the baking I was planning on getting started tonight I spent the night on the couch with a heating pad on my neck, yuck !!!
G-son came and ate supper with hubbie and I tonight while his mom had a school Christmas party to attend and his dad went deer hunting.
Since I don't have any pictures for today it's a good night to continue with the decade series.
December 1954 was a special month as it was my first Christmas after being born in July of that year.
It was picture time for me and it looks like I was quite the ham in front of the camera.

This is in front of the car we had for years, an oldsmobile.

Me with mom and dad on our first Christmas.
My aunt Mary Ruff and me.
Mom and me.
I have no idea why there weren't any pictures of me and the Christmas tree, I know someone had one because my uncle Anderson Holmes is sitting in front of it.
Guess I have always been an animal lover. This is one of the first color pictures I have.
December  1954 , that was a good year, ha !!!
Thanking God for the blessings of this day and for loving me and my family.
Good Night , God Bless and Merry Christmas.








1 comment:

linda m said...

Love all the old pictures. Sorry to hear about your neck and bloody nose. Don't you just hate it when you do something like that. I broke my little toe last week - stubbed it on the door jam getting out of bed at night to use the bathroom. Have a great weekend and God bless you.