Thursday, December 4, 2014

SLOW AFTER THANKSGIVING MARKET DAY

Off to market on another warm sunny morning. The parking lot was empty except for a few sellers cars when I arrived.
It was a slow day as expected but I did sell some things and I picked up a couple nice orders for later in the month.
There wasn't many sellers who made the effort to get out today either.
After market I ran errands then made several stops to look at Christmas trees.  Finally at Lowes I located a tree I thought would suit my need. I didn't find one in a box so I found an associate and bought the one on the floor. Only problem was they had it standing in a rotating stand and the stand that was there with it was not the right size.  He went to the manager to ask what to do since I really wanted the tree. 
They gave me a $20 stand off the shelf and also gave me 10% off the tree since I was buying the floor model.  I don't know how many trees they started out with but they have sold almost all of them including many of the floor models like I bought.
I will make photos when I get it set up and decorated.
I also found some white valences for the living room windows on sale while I was there.
My only other stop was Walmart to pick up a few baking supplies for tomorrow.
I got home at the same time as hubbie got in from work so he helped me get unloaded and put things away.
It was almost dark already under a totally cloudy sky so chores went quickly.
After supper I emptied another plastic container of Christmas decorations and loaded up a couple boxes of regular shelf sitters to make room for the Christmas ones.
Aa and Re made it home tonight from a week long visit with family in Ohio, thankful for safe travel for them. 
Thankful for the blessings of this day as I strive each day to be the kind of person that pleases my Heavenly Father.
Good Night and God Bless

2 comments:

linda m said...

My hubby and I also wanted a smaller tree this year. We found a really nice one at Hobby Lobby. Happy everything worked out for you. Glad we have our decorations up and can mark one more thing off the To-Do-List. Blessings

Sandy Livesay said...

Carolina Nana,

Great deal!
When I don't pull out our tree from the garage, sometime I buy a little one in a pot from wally world already decorated to enjoy the smell of a fresh tree. Plus I can plant the tree in the yard come spring.