Thursday, December 11, 2014

HISTORY FROM 1874 AND 1944 DECEMBERS

Up early getting ready for market. Brrr another cold morning but at least the sun is shining , but the wind is still whipping around causing it to feel even colder than the 28 the thermometer says.
It is only mid December and I am already so tired of breaking ice on all the waterers for the animals!
I got to market on time and as I thought, the day was very slow but I am thankful for what I did sell and the orders I took for the 4 market days left before Christmas.
Sadly for our market reputation it became known that one of our vendors made some rude comments to the Christmas carolers last Saturday. I hope they know that one rude person does not speak for all the others vendors in the market.  Some people just don't have any idea or care how what they say reflects on others around them.
After market I ran errands then picked up supplies and groceries at Ingles, Aldi and Walmart on the way home. I also did a little Christmas shopping along the way in these stores, not making it home until after 5:00.
Hubbie was already here and as soon as we got things unloaded we did the chores quickly before darkness caught us.
Talk to sis-in-law Sandy and solidified the 21st for our family gathering.
Spent some time this evening going through old photos searching for decade pics for Decembers past.
One special December was 140 years ago.  On December 24,1874 my grandparents on my dad's side were married. I would love to know why they picked Christmas Eve to marry. I do know that grandmother Martha's dad was a preacher so I'm sure they celebrated the significance of that night.
This is the only old photo I could find of the two of them together.
RIP grandparents Mark and Martha Pryor. All the stories I have heard about these two make me wish I could have known each of them as they were special, hardworking people and very faithful Christians.
Another blast from the past in December was in 1944 when my cousin Aurelia Pryor was born on the 11th of December of that year. I spent a lot of time growing up in the company of this cousin as her mom was my mom's babysitter for us. Aurelia was 10 years older than me and I always thought she was the prettiest girl I ever saw in my early years. She married a local man and they moved to Georgia where she taught school for years. Unfortunately she passed away in February of 2009 at the young age of 64.
This is Aurelia and her grandmother Bertha Pryor.
I was randomly searching her name on the internet and found this story from one of her former students.
RIP Aurelia , I miss you too and hated not being around you later in our lives.
I love this idea I had of these decade pics more with each discovery I make of things that happened to my family on these dates. I am delighted to help keep these photos and news articles in the memories of future generations of my family by publishing them also in my blog books.
I am off to get a hot bath before bed. 
Grateful for the blessing of this day and for the birth of our precious Savior Jesus Christ.
Good Night and God Bless




No comments: