Tuesday, January 13, 2015

FREEZING RAIN ALERT

I emptied 1/2 inch of rain from the gauge this morning, that's a total since this messy weather started. It is by far not over as I hurried through chores in the misty cold rain.
Spending another day inside doing catch up house work and just resting felt good. I need to get started on my downstairs projects but it is still too cold out in the unheated part of the basement.
The high temperature for today has been around 40 degrees and tonight we are supposed to get around 28 with freezing rain for our area.
As I watched out the window this afternoon taking a break from my cleaning I spotted this squirrel with what looks like a walnut in his mouth.
 It gets rough out there some days as evidenced by the missing top feathers on this Cardinals chest.
After hubbie came home  from work he carried more wood in and then we did chores in a still misty rain. There was another 1/10th inch of rain in the gauge.
Dolly and Bernie got baths tonight much to their displeasure. I am giving Bernie the pills the vet prescribed and they seem to be calming his cough.
This has been a pretty boring day and I had to laugh this afternoon as I looked around for something else to do and remembered how I had looked forward to this month last month when I was working so hard so I could just do nothing for a while !  I guess doing nothing isn't in my DNA !!
I snuggled with my 4-legged kids tonight to help warm them up after their baths and relaxed the evening away.
I hope the roads don't get bad for the early morning commuters tomorrow.
Grateful for the love of our Heavenly Father tonight and thankful for all the blessings He gives out each day.
Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment:

linda m said...

I woke up this morning to "diamonds" in my backyard trees. Seems the little bit of sun we had yesterday caused some moisture droplets on the branches which froze and this AM when the yard light turned on the droplets sparkled in all the trees. what a beautiful sight God made so early in the morning. Enjoy your slow time. Blessings