Friday, March 6, 2015

BAKING DAY

A cold, 20 degree, morning to remind me that winter is still with us as I headed out to do the morning chores.
After breakfast I decided to take a morning walk even though it was still cold outside the sun was shining brightly making it very inviting. I need to get back in this habit as this made me feel more energetic to begin my day. No pics today even though I carried my camera along, the dreary winter scenery hasn't changed much.
I baked 6 caramel, 3 chocolate, 4 pound and 1 blackberry wine cake this morning. While the last cakes were in the oven I made a batch of peanut butter fudge that a customer ordered, mmmm, I just had to sample this and it was delicious !!
After a late lunch I tackled my photo project. I got all the prints sorted and dated ready to go in the album and then ordered the last 2 months of 2014 prints from Walgreens.
I am working hard to get everything caught up from last year.  I still haven't even began my latest blog book from the last six months of last year, sigh !!!
The high temperature today stayed in the upper 40's so it was a good day to work inside.
As I went through the sunroom this afternoon I spotted my first Red Winged Blackbird at the feeder. This is a sure sign of spring getting closer around here when these migrating beauties return to our area. I love to hear these birds talk back and forth to each other in the trees around the yard.
Hopefully the weather gurus are correct in their prediction for the month of March and this warmer weather materializes.
This is the first time in a long time that another winter storm isn't forming and heading across the country. Could it be that we only make it thru  the "T's" this winter ????
After evening chores I iced my cakes and then headed to an early bedtime. Not looking forward to this time change coming this week end.
Thanking God for the blessings of this day and asking for guidance each day to be a better person in glorifying  His name.
Good Night and God Bless.



No comments: