Saturday, March 14, 2015

RAINY SLOW MARKET AND 1955 MARCH MEMORY

After slugging through the rain and mud getting chores done and getting the van loaded for market I knew that this rain would surly dampen what I had hoped would be another good sales day.
After we got set up I had a couple pretty good sales and an order picked up to get off to a pretty good start but then it was like someone hung a "closed" sign on the doors. There was much of the morning there were entirely empty isles. I am thankful for what I did sell today.
Daughter , D-in-love , g-son and Susan had went to a fund raising breakfast this morning for the Boys and Girls Club where daughter's b-friend works and they brought hubbie and I our pancakes and also #2 son who was delivering mail in town came by and picked his up. Steve the neighbor got one also.
They were good pancakes and we all enjoyed them.
Hubbie left to go by Sam's Club for our weekly supplies while daughter and Susan stayed with me.
After a while daughter left to go with her b-friend Josh to look at a new apartment for him. Susan stayed and helped me load the van after market. We went to a  truckload sale place and then she took me out to the place she lives at. I thought it was a nice little apartment but she does need something a little bigger for her and her son.
I came home, picked up g-son on the way to stay with me while his mom did a job at church.
I think someone needs a bigger bicycle !!  Just look at those long legs !!!!
 He played outside in the nice sunny mid 60's day until she finished her job, then he walked home.
Hubbie and I both took naps while trying not to this afternoon.  Our late night finally caught up with us.
After chore time the clouds were moving back in and a light rain began again. I emptied another 3/10ths inch from the gauge this evening. 
Hubbie and I watched the ACC championship game UNC / Notre Dame which ND won in a close game.
Wow it's hard to believe that March Madness time is already here and that winter has less than a week to go this year.
I need to get another decade memory done so this is pictures dated March 1955.  This is me at 6 months old with my mother and father who is on his Alis 45 tractor that was his work horse for many years.

I remember this old house on the neighboring property that my dad vegetable farmed for years. he called it the "old Whitaker place". My brother and I played in this old house until it finally fell down and was hauled away.  I love that huge rock chimney.
As the day ended this evening the clouds moved back in to cover the sun. Susan went up on Bearwallow mountain and sent me this picture.
Grateful for another blessed day and looking forward to worshiping my Heavenly Father with my church family tomorrow.
Good Night and God Bless.


1 comment:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hello, Just got home from a nice trip to Arkansas to celebrate George's birthday. Now--it's time to start working in the yard, cleaning up all of the 'junk' from the ice storm. What a mess!!!

We finally have a sunny day here today --and it's warm. No Daffodils blooming here yet --but we do have some crocus in bloom... Spring is COMING.

Hope you are doing well.
Hugs,
Betsy