Monday, March 23, 2015

SUNNY MONDAY

Monday  mornings , need I say more !!!
Today was a surprise as I was expecting to wake to rainy cloudy weather not the sunny warm morning it actually is !
I emptied 3/10ths inch of rain from the gauge after the overnight rain and still slipped around in the mud doing the feeding chores but at least it is sunny.
After breakfast hubbie and I took his truck to the feed store to pick up chicken feed and some onion sets and pea seed for our early garden.
I thought about planting some at the end of this week since the moon is right but now they are saying below freezing temps so I guess we will wait for the next favorable time.
Back home I got laundry started while hubbie cleaned off our big trailer to go pick up a chicken tractor that some folks are giving me.
#2 son came in for lunch as he has another week of vacation this week. He is sunburned from his last 3 days playing golf at Myrtle Beach with a couple friends.
After lunch he and hubbie took the tractor up to his house to move some more of the big tree they had cut down last week.
I did 3 loads of laundry and worked cleaning in the playroom all afternoon.
Daughter who knows the folks with the chicken tractor came in about 4:00 and off the three of them went to Saluda to get it.
I watered all the inside plants both upstairs and downstairs while they were gone.
Unfortunately they came back with an empty trailer due to the tractor being to large to haul and to heavy to load anyway.
Re and the kids came up for a little while as they are all feeling better today.
EL loves this big blue slide and patiently waited until they got it fixed back on the trailer for her to slide on.

These trips down the slide were made more special with (aunt) T at the top.........
and (uncle)  D at the bottom !!!!
The wind kicked up this evening and it got cool quickly as everyone left and hubbie and I did the evening chores and enjoyed the evening.
These are a couple of my favorite spring flowers in the yard. 

 The sunset was really pretty this evening as Susan sent me this picture.
I worked on my blog book for a while this evening then headed to bed early to get my new schedule started tomorrow.
Thankful to the Lord tonight for all the blessings He sent me today and for blessing with me with good health and happiness as I face each day.
Good Night and God Bless.




2 comments:

linda m said...

isn't it nice that so many spring flowers are starting to bloom? Seems I have waited so long to see them. Love seeing El sliding down the blue slide. She is getting so big. Have a wonderful day and God bless you.

M.E. Masterson said...

Carolina Nana....sounds like a busy day you had and bonus visit from granbaby! She is adorable!!!