Wednesday, March 4, 2015


G-son arrived at 7am today, getting my day off to an earlier than usual start.  I got him breakfast and then did the outside chores before we left for school.  Hubbie had helped me load all the rugs and big quilts in my van last night so I could go to the laundry early this morning. I picked up all the dog beds and added them to my load on our way out.
After dropping g-son at school I arrived at the laundry just a few minutes after 8:00 and all the biggest machines were available thankfully.
I loaded all my things in the washers and started them before having my coffee and protein bar for an "on the go" breakfast this morning.
By the time my loads finished there were folks lining up behind me waiting for these bigger machines.  I was glad I arrived when I did and was first to use them.
I don't dry any of the rubber backed rugs so I loaded them in the van while the other things were drying. All in all it takes me about 2 hours from the time I leave the house until I get back home and I only do it 3 or 4 times a year so it is well worth the time to get all these big things done at one time and keep all the grit out of my machine.
When I got home I hung all the rugs on the clothes line to to dry. With the sunny , warm and windy day it is a perfect drying day.  This was the temperature in the van at about 9:45 when I headed home from the laundry.
I forgot to take pictures of the first "hanging out laundry" day of this year but found this pic on the web that shows what kind of windy day it was .
Re called as I was getting done with this and we went to look at double wides on a lot in Fletcher.
I enjoy looking at these homes and they had some nice ones. Little EL loves to look around inside each one also and she and I randomly appeared in a couple pics that Re took to show Aa.

We made it home for a late lunch and then I spent some time outside just soaking up some warm sunshine on this glorious day.  I can't believe by this time tomorrow the temps will be 40 degrees lower, that is going to hurt after today !!!
When the clouds started rolling in in front of the winter storm that is pushing this mess our way I came inside and vacuumed and mopped all the floors before I put the nice clean rugs back down.
After chores and supper hubbie and I rested and watched Survivor on TV.
As I look at the weather station in the living room it is hard to believe that the weather folks are saying the word snow in the forecast. 63 degrees at 11:00 is a summer temperature !!

Thanking God for the blessings of this day and asking for guidance for Aa and Re as they make major decisions.
Good Night and God Bless.


Gail said...

What a wonderful day!

I do enjoy seeing the designs in these units.

Sandy said...

Carolina Nana,

I remember when we lived up in Virginia we would go to the laundry mat every Sunday morning at 4:30 AM. We would load up the truck with my entire families laundry and have it all done within 1 1/2 hours because no one would be there that early.

The weather took a nose dive here last night, and we received all kinds of snow and sleet. From what I understand it's headed east toward y'all. Be safe!

linda m said...

I do remember line drying as I used to line dry all my clothes. They just smelled so nice. I love some of those double wides as they are really nice. Be safe. Blessings