Friday, March 13, 2015

BUSY FRIDAY

Another dreary cloudy day on tap for this Friday the 13th. The second Friday the 13th of this year and the second in as many months, with one more to go later this year.
After chores and breakfast I got busy early baking cakes as I am thinking tomorrow will be a good sales day . I needed to get four pound cakes baked early so they would be completely cool when a lady picks them up at 2:00.
In all I made 12 caramel, 3 chocolate, 8 pound and an applesauce cake for a special order.
I also made a batch of peanut butter fudge while the last cakes were in the ovens.  It was 3:00 when I finally shut the last oven down. I iced 6 of the caramel cakes before hubbie got home from work.
Both little EL and baby BB are coming to stay with us this evening while dad gets finished working and mom goes out to the college to sing with out church praise band.
I held baby BB while hubbie took care of EL.

These are two cutie pies !!!
They were both very good tonight. Daddy came in from work and took over baby BB while I did my evening chores. Hubbie and EL were playing with the race track in the playroom when I got back inside.
I played with her while hubbie did his feeding chores. I is much easier for all of us to work together.
The old saying " it takes a village to raise a child" was correct.
The rain started getting harder tonight after dark. I had emptied 3/10ths inch from the guage at chore time.
After they all went home hubbie and I watched the UNC / Virginia ACC tournament game which UNC won putting them in the championship game tomorrow night.
While I iced my cakes I listened to the Duke / Notre Dame game which Notre Dame won to reach the championship game.
The game wasn't over until midnight so we both will be struggling to get up earlier in the morning.
This has been a busy good day of work and fun and I am very thankful for the opportunity to spend time with these kids and watch them as they grow and develop their sweet little personalities.
Thanking God tonight for the blessings He sends my way each and every day. I am so thankful each night for the day that just passed and am always so thankful for each minute of that day as I always think about the question that ask if you only had tomorrow what you remembered to thank God for today, how would tomorrow be for you?
Good Night and God Bless.



No comments: