Sunday, August 9, 2015


A wonderful restful night of sleep in my own bed made a world of difference in the way I feel this morning. I always take my pillow on vacation with me, its too bad I can't take my mattress !!!
After chores and breakfast hubbie went early to teach his and daughter's Sunday School class as she is on the road back from High Point his morning.
I went in earlier than usual as I am a greeter this morning and I needed to get some flowers out for the communion table. I wore one of my vacation thrift store purchases today.

Church was good out of 1 Timothy about passing the torch to the younger generation.
After church I went straight over to d-in-love's baby shower that her mom was organizing for her.
Hubbie, #1 son and Aa came home to grill hamburgers for their lunch. Re and d-in-love followed me to the shower. While we worked getting things set up g-son and EL pretended this skate board was a boat and they were sailing.
The shower was from 1:00- 3:00, she got a lot of very nice gifts for the new baby girl.

She liked the quilt I made for my new little grand daughter.
Re and daughter looked over the gifts.

#1 son came late and helped clean up. This won't be a family of three much longer !!!
Daughter followed me home to get Tipper her dog who spent the week here so Heather could take care of her. We also went by #2 son's to get the rest of her luggage and then headed over to her house to unload the pieces of furniture she bought in Southport that were still in the back of my honda.
They will look good in her living room.
After a short visit with her and Josh who came by after mowing the lawn at his place hubbie and I made a stop at Sam's Club and Walmart for groceries and baking supplies to get back into the routine this week.
We stopped by Aa and Re new house on our way home. They have a lot of things still in boxes but things are starting to settle down for them and they are loving their new home.
I finally took off my church dress when we got home and sat down to watch the news for a little break. Both Bernie and Dolly are still suffering from being left behind and want to continually touch me when I sit down anywhere. They rest peacefully when I put my hand on them. Poor little guys.
Hubbie and I did chores and then I cut the Okra from the garden. Some of it was too hard but we have a nice amount for a meal tomorrow.
We ended the day out in the covered patio watching the mountain sunset this evening.
Thanking God for another blessing filled day and for the love He shows each of His children each day.
Good Night and God Bless.

No comments: