Saturday, August 15, 2015

GOOD MARKET SATURDAY

Off  to market a little early this morning. I have lots of cakes to sell today so hopefully the day will live up to my expectations.
Daughter brought her things to the house around 7am this morning on her way to school to set up for her volleyball tournament.
Hubbie helped me most of the morning as it was very busy.
He left about noon to go by Sam's Club and then home to mow our lawn.
I stayed pretty busy all day as all the orders got picked up. This day is a nice shopping day with temps in the low 80's and clouds floating around to give relief from the high temps of previous Saturdays.
We had one of our sellers dressed as an ear of corn today.
She couldn't have stood this costume if it had been the temperature of the past several Saturdays !!
After market I made stops at Harris Teeter for more of their "on sale eggs", Aldi and Walmart for baking supplies.
I got home around 4:00. I stopped in the drive and talked to #1 son as he was getting ready to do some work on his doublewide.
Hubbie helped me get things put away and then the distant thunder got closer and closer. We had to round up all three of the outside dogs who took off in the storm. Thankfully we caught them before the rains started and put them all in their lots. I have no idea what caused them to take off like that, they usually stay on the front porch.
I sat out in the sunroom with Bernie and Dolly who were also frightened by the storm. As the rain began I thought we were going to really get a gully washer but it only gave us about 2/10ths inch in a short time. As I tried to catch up on my blog book reading my eyes got so heavy I had to put the book down. When I woke up it was chore time. Guess my body has had all it can take for the week.
After chores hubbie grilled us a couple steaks I brought home and some asparagus for a late supper.
I spent the evening catching up on my blog post and relaxing.
Thanking God for the blessings of this busy day and praying for His intervention in the upcoming possible changes in our families lives.
Good Night and God Bless.

No comments: