Wednesday, August 12, 2015

BACK TO BUSY BAKING

Nothing like an eight hour baking and icing day to get back into a busy August market season.
I love being greeted by this lovely Morning Glory vine that has taken over my front porch rail when I open the front door each morning.

After chores, breakfast and devotions I took a walk around the farm hopefully to energize for the busy day.
Back inside the kitchen I baked 12 caramel, 3 chocolate, 1 coconut, 7 pound and 2 blackberry wine cakes. Finishing about mid afternoon my back between my shoulders was really screaming from the week of relaxing ad not wanting to get back into all the mixing and lifting.
I have a feeling I am going to need more cakes the way orders are coming in today for tomorrow but there is only so much I can do. Daughter is baking also so there will be plenty choices for customers.
I took a short break outside in the sun but the 86 degree heat ran me into the shade pretty quickly.
When hubbie got in from work which is 1/2 hour later now, at 4:30 later than during the summer as regular school hours started back this week. We watched the news while both of us fought nap taking.
When the evening chores were done I headed to my office to catch up on 2 weeks of paperwork and bill paying.  I am running way behind on all my August paperwork but it will have to wait until another less busy day than today to catch up.
I iced cakes until almost midnight to really get back into my regular schedule.  Whew , sometimes I wonder if vacations are worth the get ready work and the make-up work after returning ?????
Then I think of this smiling face and I know without a doubt the answer to that question !!


Thankful for the blessings of this day and for God's never ending grace and love.
Good Night and God Bless.

No comments: