Friday, June 3, 2016

ACEING THE EOG'S

There was no going back to sleep for g-daughter this morning so we got the day started early. Expecting to come back inside from doing chores finding her sleeping in the entertainment saucer didn't happen today as she was bouncing happily to the cartoon music on TV.
We had breakfast then went on our morning walk. It is a sunny warm day but feeling already humid this morning.
Back inside she was finally ready for a bottle and a nap.
While she slept I read my devotions then started my baking. I baked 6 caramel, 3 chocolate, 4 pound and 1 blackberry wine cake. G-daughter woke up before I got finished so she played in her walker in the kitchen. She is cleaning off the dog food shelf for me , haha !!!

Nothing is going to be safe around this curious little girl !!!
After we had lunch we sat outside for a few minutes before the clouds took over the sky.
Annie is always on guard at the back door !
Just about the time I heard distant thunder g-daughter started pulling her ear which is her way of saying she is sleepy.
We came inside and she had her afternoon bottle and went down for her long nap. While she napped the thunder got louder but I didn't see any lightening flashes. I did some kitchen cleaning and re-arranged some clothes while she slept.
I rested out in the sunroom with a hot cup of tea watching the first thunder storm move off to the south of our area.
Since g-daughter was still asleep when school was over d-in-love took g-son and Haley to Kilwins to get some celebratory chocolates to celebrate their passing EOG scores for the year. Way to go kids !
Even in the rain they posed with the Kilwin's bear !!
After g-daughter woke up we sat out on the front porch and watch the second storm come our way. The rain started slowly but picked up and the thunder grew pretty close but it didn't seem to bother g-daughter.
When d-in-love got here she said it was pouring rain in town but thankfully we only had 1/2inch from this storm as it passed.
They left and hubbie and I watched the news then did the chores just as the rain stopped.
I spent the evening icing cakes and getting ready for market's Old Timey Day tomorrow.
Thankfully the predictions for rain is later in the day so it looks like it will be a clear morning.
Thankful to God for the blessings of this day and for loving me.
God Bless and Good Night.




No comments: