Wednesday, June 1, 2016


G-daughter was still out of sorts this morning as she didn't want to go back to sleep but acted really sleepy. Finally at 7:40 I put her in her entertainment saucer and went out to do the chores.
When I came back inside she was fast asleep once again in the saucer !!!  I lifted her up and put her in her crib. 15 minutes later she was awake. I wish she didn't look so uncomfortable in the saucer and could just sleep there. She has a stuffy nose and probably would sleep better with her head up today.
After she got up she had breakfast and then was content to play for a little while until I got the last sewing item I had cut out sewed up. This large bonnet is really pretty in this quilt pattern.
G-daughter had her morning bottle about 10:30 and went straight to sleep afterward.
While she slept I baked 2 pound cakes and went to the garden to gather some spinach and onions for lunch.
It is a beautiful morning with bright sunshine and mid 70's temps .
The Buttercups in the upper pasture are back in full bloom after hubbie bush hogged last week.
This Oak Leaf Hydrangea is now in full bloom with the recent rain.
I ate a leisurely lunch of turkey breast pressured in the pressure pot and spinach and onion salad.
After a nice restful 3 hour nap g-daughter woke up feeling much better.
We went outside to enjoy the nice day before the clouds moved in and brought what looked like a sure thunder storm but lucky for us it went to the south of our area. She loves the outdoors !!!

D-in-loved called on her way home to check on g-daughter and when I told her she was trying to go back to sleep she said to let her and she would go home and take a nap herself after the past couple sleepless nights with g-daughter  not sleeping well she was very tired herself.
G-daughter was very glad to go along with the plan and was fast asleep as soon as I cuddled her in my arms with her pacifier.
I caught up my blog book reading and did some quiet thinking while she slept. I don't feel really great today either but I think I am tired from over doing it a bit yesterday with all the cleaning.
When hubbie came in from work g-daughter woke up and they played until d-in-love came after her about 5:45. She acted like she felt fine this evening but still had a runny nose and nasty cough.
Hubbie and I did chores and watched the news. The clouds finally blew out of our area without any rain for us today. They are saying probably overnight we will get rain.
June starts out pretty normally in the temperature range and 3.37 inches short of rain .

As I did May's month ending paperwork tonight I still am really below what my sales usually are in years past. But at least sales are gradually getting better each month. At least May is in the books early this time. All the weekly paperwork and bill paying got done also before it got dark enough to shut up the chickens so I am way ahead tonight and looking for an early bedtime to revive my draggy feelings.
It didn't take long to get things ready for market and not having any cakes to ice seemed really strange but the week after a holiday weekend is always very slow.
Our old timey day is this Saturday so I hope that will be a good sales day to start the month.
I praise God for the blessings of this day and pray that g-daughter get better quickly of whatever is bothering her.  My prayers are also with my friend/beautician tonight as she lost her mother this morning as she passed away at Hospice house, may God comfort you Markeeta in this loss.
God Bless and Good Night.

1 comment:

linda m said...

My thoughts and prayers are with your friend on the loss of her mother. Also praying that your g-daughter feels better soon. Love the field of buttercups - it looks so peaceful. Have a great day. Blessings