Wednesday, June 22, 2016


A very strange feeling morning as I got started alone today. It is going to take a while to get used to not having g-daughter here every morning .
I did chores , had breakfast then went on a long peaceful walk. It is that time of year once again when my yard has a Heavenly aroma from all these feathery Mimosa tree blossoms.
I could feel the heat of the day building quickly as I finished my walk and came inside to have my tea and devotions before getting started on my baking.
I love these quiet times in the morning hours when time seems to slow down a bit for me.
Nevertheless these times are short lived and my baking began. I baked 6 caramel, 1 coconut, 6 pound cakes today before having a late lunch while the last ones were still in the ovens. I ran up to the garden to gather some spinach for a salad to go with my vegie burger. I still have to stay in the kitchen keeping an eye on my ovens as they are still shutting off several times while my cakes are in them. But thankfully so far they do come right back on.
After the last cakes were finished I went up to the garden to pull the hens some weeds and some spent early vegies.
This is my first total crop harvest of the year as I pulled up the snap pea vines and picked off all the peas.
This unseasonably hot dry weather is taking a tole on all the early things I planted and all I have left now is some onions, lettuce and spinach.
Hubbie came in from work and we decided to plant some pumpkin seeds to see if we can have some late season pumpkins. I also planted some old strawberry popcorn seed and some other winter squash seeds I had just to see if they would come up.  I sweated several gallons while we were working in the garden for about an hour in the humid 90 degree afternoon.
#2 son is busy getting daughter's sign projects done. These are the first three of eight of these old barn board signs he is making. These old rough boards are very hard to paint on but he does a great job.
After chores, supper and watching the news I did weekly paperwork and paid bills before icing cakes and getting things ready for market.
On a sad note today hubbie lost another aunt, as one of his mother's three remaining sisters passed away this morning under Hospice care for cancer.
Also on another note I think I have been bitten by a Brown Recluse Spider. This red splotch appeared Sunday evening and has gotten more pronounced as the days go by. I can now see a couple little blister like marks from the little fangs . I am just watching it closely as it doesn't hurt or itch so hopefully no tissue will start dying and make me make a trip to the doctor.
Off to bed to bring another blessed day to an end as I thank God for staying beside me and helping me in all that I do.
God Bless and Good Night.


linda m said...

That spider bite looks nasty. Praying you heal from it without a trip to the doctor. Blessings

JMD said...

Those bites are painful. Take Benadryl, that is what my Dr. told me and the it returned to normal relatively quick.