Thursday, June 30, 2016

LAST DAY OF JUNE A STORMY ONE

Time for another market day, seems these come up really fast these days !!!  I got chores done and headed off to market even a few minutes early today.
I have a couple large orders so I should have a pretty good sales day. When I pulled into the parking lot I was definitely glad for my orders because the vacant parking lot reminded me of a January market day !!
I got set up and got out the laptop for something to do.  D-in-love brought the kids by on their way to the Elk's Club Pool where they were meeting friends for a nice swim time.
I had a good day of sales with business finally picking up and with my orders that all got picked up I am happy.
I left market and ran regular errands then I added a stop at the Co-op for some bentonite clay and comfrey sauve to try on my spider bite.
As I drove from there to Aldi I got in a very heavy rain and hail storm . The roads quickly became rivers as the drains couldn't hold all the water.
I sat in Aldi's parking lot for about 30 minutes waiting for the storm to pass. I wondered what it was doing at our house watching the pea sized hail bounce off my hood.
After leaving there and heading for Walmart which is on our side of town the rain had stopped and the sun was shining. While I was shopping however the rain made it there, but thankfully not as heavy as the rains earlier.
As I drove home the roads became drier and arriving at home we had only a sprinkle.
Hubbie was already here and #2 son was here picking up more wood for more signage for the wedding.
After he left hubbie and I unloaded the Honda and put things away. As we watched the news we decided to get the chores done as we could hear thunder in the distance and the news radar looked like rain was headed our way.
A friend stopped by and brought a ladder for us to use in the wedding to hold pictures and flowers.
As I blog tonight the thought dawned on me that this month is over !!!   My  oh  My how time is flying by right now, I'm hoping it is just because we are super busy with the  wedding plans !!!
As I type this post tonight the rain outside is pouring down and the wind is blowing in a really bad storm around here.
June 2016 has been a good month over all for the family with a few "bumps" put in.
G-son finished the 3rd grade and aced his EOG's . He was ready for summer fun and we started off with a trip to pet the goats at Carl Sandburgs  then he had cub scout camp for a week in the very hot weather.
D-in-love started working only 2 days a week so that made my g-daughter time less. She is crawling everywhere now and is hard to keep up with.

I had my annual physical and got vitamin D pills plus a warning to lower my bad cholesterol by October.
We had a couple wedding showers amoung all the other wedding projects we are getting done as the time draws closer.
We celebrated 2 birthday's this month. Hubbie and I were treated to a dinner out at Cracker Barrel for his birthday and Father's day which are always close together as his birthday is the 15th. Also Aa got a year older today as he celebrated a birthday.
The weather has been hot and dry this month leaving us in a drought with several high temperature records.
On the downside I was biten by a Brown Recluse Spider and had to take antibiotics and am still fighting the infection .
#2 son's house was struck by lightening this past Monday and he is still trying to assess all the damage.
Our downsides are very very minor to a lot of folks after the crazy weather all around the country this month with killer tornadoes and wildfires claiming many lives around the country.
I thank God every day for all the blessings He sees fit to send my way . I strive each day to glorify His name in all that I do.  Looking forward to His plans next month.
God Bless and Good Night



1 comment:

linda m said...

Every month I go through has its good times and its not so good times. But through it all Gad has blessed me. As I read your Blog I see how every day God has richly blessed you. I pray you heal soon from your spider bite and that God continue to bless you each and every day. Happy July 1. Blessings