Sunday, June 26, 2016


G-son tossed around a lot last night according to hubbie but I was so tired I guess I slept through it. He loves sleeping between us but he is getting so big !!!!  He said he kept having pains in his legs that caused him to jerk around. I'm sure it was from all the walking he did early in the day on his hike with daughter and Josh to the waterfall.
We all got ready and went to church this morning a bit early as a lady wanted me to re-arrange some flowers she was bringing in for the communion table.
Church was good today as always from Mathew 9:9-13.
After church #1 son's family and Aa's family came to lunch of roast beef, new potatoes , corn of the cob, fresh green beans, and biscuits.
Aa's family left to get naps as EL wasn't herself today, either over tired or getting sick, she was really out of sorts and seemed to be looking for things to cry about.
After lunch while d-in-love and g-daughter napped in the cool house (their air conditioning is still broke) hubbie, #1 son , g-son and I went up on Sugarloaf mountain to our friends black berry patch to pick some fresh berries.
It didn't take g-son long to decide berry picking on a hot sunny afternoon wasn't for him !!!
We picked 3 gallons of big delicious berries and got a quart of blackberrry blossom honey they had for sale, yum !!!
We drove on up the mountain a little ways to check out hubbie's grandparents old place and were surprised to see it all over grown . I guess the new owners had rather be surrounded by forest then pastures.
We came home, cut a watermelon and sat outside in a nice breeze that kicked up late this evening in front of some promised rain that is moving our way tomorrow.
#1 son rounded up all our window fans and other fans and they went home to try and cool their house off enough to sleep tonight.
Hubbie and I did the chores and relaxed for the evening.
Back in 1986 June was a very exciting month at least for part of it. None of our family had ever visited my aunt and uncle who lived in Lansing , Mich. so we decided to load up the kids and make a fun trip of it.
Our first stop was Cumberland Falls in Kentucky.

After we spent the night we were up the next day to explore the Kentucky Horse Park.

Then it was on through Ohio and into Michigan.

When we started out on this trip we had decided to go only as far as the kids would co-operatively ride and stay happy. We made it all the way by frequently stopping at all the sight seeing spots along the way. 
This is uncle Bob and Aunt Carols house and barn.

 They were so glad we made it all the way up there and took time to show us many sights around where they lived.

The boys enjoyed playing and watching the big tractor on Uncle Bob's farmland.
We had such a nice visit as Uncle Bob had retired from working at General Motors and they were always looking for things to do.

He was a pilot and had his own airplane. This is Carol and Bob with the boys in front of his plane.
This is our traveling vehicle a 1985 Chevy Blazer.
Here is my two son's with cousin Debbie's son in red shirt, who was the same age as #1 son.
This is a picture of 2 of my cousin's Debbie and Pat and their families. Veronica and Bobby were not able to visit us while we were there.
After several days there we headed back south and our next stop  for the kids, Dollywood.

Fun times for sure back then and Although this was the longest trip we made with our three little kids I don't remember them causing much trouble at all.
Thankful for wonderful memories and the blessing of wonderful family.
So grateful today for the blessings that He sent my way .
God Bless and Good Night.


1 comment:

linda m said...

Can't believe you are able to pick blackberries already. Ours are still in the blossom stage. Love your "old" pictures. I've been to Dollywood and just loved that place. Blessings