Wednesday, June 8, 2016


An earlier alarm this morning before g-daughter even got here aroused hubbie, who is taking the day off, and me from a nice restful sleep.
When g-daughter arrived hubbie fed her breakfast while I did chores and got ready to head over to my doctor's office in Asheville to have my blood drawn before my annual physical.
We packed a bottle for g-daughter and left around 8:15. Thankfully we just made it ahead of a road crew that was getting ready to shut down Terry's Gap road to replace a culvert. If we had turned around I would have definitely been late for my appointment.
We arrived about 8:55 and I was all done and back in the Honda at 9:10.  They seemed to have taken more blood this time for some reason or maybe it just seemed that way as she filled 3 large vials .
I had my breakfast bar and coffee in the car before we headed out. We stopped at a couple Goodwill stores on our way home to pick up more tea cups for daughter's shower on Saturday. I fell in love with this old picture in one of the stores but could not think of any where in my house I could put it.

It was a very windy morning but g-daughter loved the shopping !!!

We also stopped at Walmart and Aldi for baking supplies and a wagon for g-daughter and at Southern States to get chicken feed and then headed home.
We had lunch and then Hubbie got g-daughter to sleep for her nap while I baked cakes. I baked 6 pound cakes, 3 chocolate , 1 blackberry wine , some lemon bars and brownies.
G-daughter didn't sleep but about 30 minutes and then walked around in her walker in the kitchen with me until hubbie came in and played with her in the living room .
When the baking was finished I went downstairs and brought up this little push toy I had and she loved it. It moves a little fast for her to walk behind yet but she loved to sit on it.

After d-in-love picked her up g-son had to drive hubbie to the mail box in the golf cart. Only 2 more days of 3rd grade for this young man !!!   Where has the time gone ????
I watched the news then did chores before I headed to my office to get the weekly paperwork done.
I spent the rest of the evening icing cakes and getting things ready for market.
At church tonight they had a "school year ending" party for all the kids at church and g-son looks like he really enjoyed himself. G-son is in the navy blue t-shirt with red and green design on the front.

Grateful to God for a blessed day and praying it be in His will for all my blood test to be okay.
God Bless and Good Night.

1 comment:

linda m said...

I'll say a prayer for you also. Praying for good test results.