Wednesday, June 15, 2016


Woke to an early alarm this morning even with no kids coming. I hurried through chores and grabbed a meal bar and my travel cup of coffee and went to pick up g-son.
My annual check-up is this morning at 9:30 and g-son thought I needed someone to go with me !!!
Other g-ma is staying with g-daughter his morning.
We arrived at the doc's a little early but they called me right back. I was totally surprised at how much my check-up had changed in this last year. They no longer require you to undress, they no longer do an EKG , or any other test because now insurance companies are not paying for any of this preventive measures. Obama Care has ruined our health care system.
I felt like this check up would have been a waste of time except for the blood work I  had done. I had a couple things to watch with my bloodwork. My bad cholesterol is a little higher than the doc likes so I will try to get it down some and have it re-checked in October. Also she gave me a prescription for vitamin D again to raise my level back to normal limits.
But thankfully these were minor and everything else checked out fine except of course for my low white cell count which was only a point lower at 2.5 than last year's 2.6 but that is still well below the low end of the normal range of 4.
G-son was very good during my check-up and chatted with the PA that came in with the doc to train.
After we left there we headed for McDonalds for g-son some early lunch.
We stopped at the Biltmore house to pick up some more of my favorite wassail drink mix then headed for the stop he was looking forward to.
Last week while searching Goodwill for tea cups I picked g-son up a little lego figure called "sickbricks". He loved it and wanted to get more of these figures so we went back by that Goodwill where he found 5 more different figures.  He was a happy boy !!!
We then made my stops at Walmart and Aldi to pick up baking supplies since I didn't stop last Saturday on my way to daughter's wedding shower.
While we were in Walmart in Arden the rain poured down and we got wet there and as it continued to rain at the Aldi just down the road.
But as we drove homeward the rain ended and by the time we stopped by Re's house where daughter and her were making 300 small jars of blackberry jam to give out as favors at the wedding the rain had slacked to only a sprinkle.
EL was helping mash the blackberries. She is very serious about her work !!!
 They worked all day but got all the jam made !!
I dropped g-son off at his house as his mom and g-daughter were just getting back from the doctor for g-daughter's 9 month check up which she passed with flying colors weighing 20 lbs.

I came home to a late lunch then an afternoon of baking. I baked 12 caramel, 1 pound and 2 blackberry wine cakes.
I was just finishing when hubbie came in from work.
We did chores early because the sky was getting very dark and it looked like a storm was headed for us.
And we did get a thunder lightening storm which left 1 inch of rain in the rain gauge.
Thankful for this rain we surely needed it for the garden and pasture.
I spent the evening icing cakes and getting things ready for market.
I also got the June decade pic search done and the oldest pics I found were these two of me in June of 1956.

Thanks to my aunt Hattie for the photos.
I am grateful for the blessings of this day and for the answered prayers at my check-up today.
God Bless and Good Night.

1 comment:

linda m said...

So glad your checkup went well. One less thing for you to worry about. Blessings