Wednesday, June 28, 2017

BAKING DAY AND 2007 MEMORIES

Up and out on a really cool morning today. It is 49 degrees this morning, one degree off the record of 48 that was set for this date back in 1987.
After chores and breakfast I took a nice energizing walk to get this busy day started.
Just as I started baking daughter and g-daughter I arrived . Hubbie was here having lunch and got to love on I while I worked.
I baked 12 caramel, 3 chocolate, 4 pound, 2 blackberry wine and a pan of brownies before I took time for a late lunch and a chance to hold the baby for a while.
After daughter left I did some housecleaning and finished my July decorating changes. I love the red ,white and blue for this month but it seems I just was putting this away making me sad that time is flying by so quickly.
Hubbie came in from work and got on the lawn mower with the prediction of rain going up for the next several days he wanted to get it mowed today.
I did chores then did weekly paperwork and paid bills before beginning my icing for the evening. With 12 caramels to ice I knew this would be a late night and I was right as I was dragging myself into bed about 1am. I am writing this at market on Thursday morning and back dating it as usual on these busy baking days.
I need to finish the decade pics for this month since this month has managed to slip by like they all seem to do !!!
Back in June of 2007 g-son was 8 months old and a lot of fun. Snowball our old milk cow loved him also.
With Pawpaw ......
 And mom.......

 This is a younger hubbie and I at market back then, doesn't seem possible that it has been 10 years.
Old Snowball with some of our heifers that we were finishing out that year.

Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the steadfast love of a wonderful Savior.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: