Sunday, June 18, 2017

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY 2017

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO ALL YOU DADS OUT THERE !!!!
After chores I had breakfast then I sliced strawberries for lunch's strawberry shortcake. D-in-love brought g-daughter so she could on to church and practice the music for the morning. #1 son  is still taking it easy and staying at home this morning.
While we got ready for church d-in-love  called and said they were in a bind for someone to work in the nursery today so hubbie and I said we would do it since g-daughter will be in there.
G-daughter took her first ride in her front facing carseat and she loved looking forward and didn't want to get out of the Honda when we got to church !  Oh my she looks so grown up !!!
D-in-love helped in the nursery also and we took care of 7 little ones today.
G-daughter just loves to play !!
We came home to a lunch of roast beef, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn on the cob,biscuits and strawberry shortcake for dessert. #1 son's family , #2 son and Tif, daughter, and Aa's family were our guest for this father's day lunch. We might all go out and eat somewhere later but with #1 son having to blend his food and his face still swollen pretty bad we decided to eat here this year.
Everyone had a nice lunch and visit and then they all left and hubbie and I both felt like we needed naps after our active nursery duty this morning. I went outside where it was mid 80's but the wind was blowing so it felt really good out there. So good in fact that I took my short nap in the lawn chair and thankfully when I woke up the limbs of an Oak tree had shaded me from the sun !!
Hubbie and I both relaxed for the entire afternoon which was nice.
We didn't get any rain today but an eerie wind blew all afternoon almost making it uncomfortably cool with shorts and t-shirts on.
We did chores and I cleaned out the last chick box that I took the green egg layer pullets out of. These pullets came out of the silkie house today for the first time and wandered into the lower big hen lot which is fine but then they couldn't figure out how to get back in the silkie lot to go to roost with the silkies in their house. I had to catch everyone of the 7 pullets and put them in the Silkie house.
One of them disappeared and I searched for over 30 minutes until I found her huddled beside a tree.
Praying for daughter to go into natural labor tonight or tomorrow so she can avoid induction on Tuesday morning.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and also thankful for the two dad's the Lord blessed me with. My dad was the foundation that made me the person I am today and I am forever grateful for the effort he put into me while I grew up and even after the 36 years that he has been gone from this earth I still miss and think about him everyday.


And I am also thankful for the father of my children who has been the most devoted husband and father I could have ever asked for . I am looking forward to what lies ahead in this life with him.
Thankful most of all for my Heavenly Father who has blessed me in so many ways and continues to watch over and love me each and every day.
God Bless , Good Night and Happy Father's Day.




1 comment:

linda m said...

Belated Happy Father's Day to your hubby! Thankful to God for blessing me with my Dad who has been in heaven now for almost 13 years and thankful for my Heavenly Father who watches over me. Blessings