Tuesday, June 27, 2017

DOCTOR VISIT, PARK PLAYTIME AND 2017 CANNING SEASON BEGINS

Ahhhhh A really cool morning feels more like early Fall than early Summer today. I hated to leave the warm spot under the covers.
After chores and breakfast I had devotions then took a walk around in the crisp morning .
These pink clouds of Mimosa blossoms have the entire yard smelling Heavenly .
My Morning Glories are finally blooming to say good morning each day.
I love this row of blooming Hostas just outside the chicken lot.
Spotted this pretty butterfly taking a rest in the cool morning .

I reluctantly came back inside and started some house cleaning this morning. I didn't clean any last week and it definitely shows.
I also got a start on putting some July 4th decor out.
After a quick lunch I headed over to daughter's . She asked me to come over with enough time before g-daughter I's doctors appointment to help give her a bath.
She was just finishing nursing when I arrived and we gave her a good sponge bath since her naval cord is still hanging on.
Then we headed to her doctor's appointment to check her weight again.
We got to meet her regular doctor today and she was very nice and very informative.
G-daughter I has gained 13 ounces since Friday which puts her above her birth weight already at 8 lbs 2 oz.  so she said that was excellent and she didn't need to see her again until her 1 month check-up.
Daughter felt very accomplished with this news.

We went to Ingles to pick up a few things and g-daughter I slept in the cart the entire time.
D-in-love met us there and we all headed over to Dana Park for some fun. G-son met one of his cousin's there and had a very good time .




Of course g-daughter R was having the time of her life running from one thing to the other and she also found a playmate.


And of course Neena is always her playmate !!!
 G-daughter I was not impressed with the activity at all !!!!

D-in-love took g-daughter R to her swimming lessons and g-son stayed with us and played a little longer.
We finally bribed him with a stop at Dollar General to get him to leave.
We dropped daughter and g-daughter I off at their house and g-son had to kiss his littlest cousin good-bye.
I dropped g-son off at his house and then got home about 5:30. I watched the news and then did chores. Hubbie finished a sturdier more protective box for the young roosters and we put it in their lot so I don't have to worry about any predator getting to them.
I came inside and started breaking the ends of all the green beans I picked yesterday. I worked through the evening making Dilly Beans and ended up with 17 pints of deliciousness for the first project of this canning season.
I finished and took the second batch out of the water bath at 11:00 then I wrote my blog post and headed for bed.
Thanking God for the wonderful blessings of this day and for the strength He gives me each day to spend it being a grandmother !!!
God Bless and Good Night.