Friday, June 2, 2017

BUSY FRIDAY

Up to begin a busy Friday . The sun is shining brightly this morning and it is warming up quickly.
After chores and breakfast  I took a nice walk . After taking several phone calls I finally settled into baking mode around noon.
I baked 6 caramel, 3 chocolate, 2 pound, 2 blackberry wine and 1 coffee cake plus 2 pans of brownies then sat down and talked to sis-in-law Sandy while I ate a late sandwich roll for lunch. We haven't talked in quite a while so it took a while to catch up.
I took a short vitamin D break out in the sun but the heat, upper 80's and humidity, got to me pretty quick out there and I had to find some shade and a cool drink.
Re called and asked me to check on one of their goats who Aa thought had broken their leg. Poor thing definitely had a broke front leg. This internet pic was very similar to what her leg looked like only hers was her front leg.
  Aa said she had reared up in a vine covered tree and got her leg caught and broke it getting it out. I have splinted calf legs several times so I figured goats would be the same so after waiting for hubbie to get home from work to be the goat holder we gathered all the supplies and went back over. Hubbie couldn't believe the goat acted like she was in no pain at all as badly as the leg was broken. Thankfully the bone had not broken the skin and the goat ate grain and stood very still the entire time I worked on her leg.
I found this demo online and did the same thing to her front leg. Fortunately the break was well below her knee and the splint I made looked very similar to this one.
I didn't think about making a picture until I already had it covered in duct tape.


The goat actually acted like this made it easier for her to walk as she was holding the leg up at a
normal angle instead of dragging it .

Hopefully this will work and the leg will heal in about 3 weeks . I will pick up some Pencillin and give her a shot tomorrow to ward off any infection.
We came home and did chores and then I made a little white bonnet for a lady who is expecting her first grand daughter. Another lady at market is going to embroider the baby's name on it.

#1 son brought the kids up on a walk to see us this evening and we all had a nice visit while d-in-love had a "moms night out" at a friends house.

 I spent the rest of the evening icing cakes and getting things ready for market. We will need to get there earlier tomorrow for our spring Heritage day so we can find a parking spot close to carry everything inside.
The 2017 hurricane season is officially underway as of yesterday. This is the storm names and predictions for this season. With only one named storm so far it is starting out a little slow ,lets hope it doesn't pick in intensity too fast.

Been an interesting day and one that has surely been blessed by God . I am humbly grateful for each day He sees fit to bless me with.
God Bless and Good Night


No comments: