Wednesday, June 14, 2017

BORING BAKING AND HOUSEWORK PLUS 1917,1947,1967 DECADE ARTICLES

Up and out on this beautiful morning . After chores and breakfast daughter came over to walk with me this morning. We walked for 30 minutes and the sweat was pouring in the muggy morning air.
We came inside to have a snack and cool off. G-daughter I is happily riding along now 4 days past due !!
Daughter left for her chiropractor appointment and I started baking cakes. I baked 6 caramel, 2 pound, 2 blackberry wine cakes and a pan of brownies.
I had a late lunch while the last ones were in the ovens then started house cleaning for the week.
I heard distant thunder and clouds soon covered the sky. I finished cleaning and went through my photos for June decade pics.
I was glad to have inside work for today as the storms seemed to rage all around us this afternoon but we thankfully only got about 3/10ths inch of rain from a couple hard showers .
Hubbie and I waited out the second shower before getting chores done.
Today was moving out day for these oldest green egg chicks. They moved into the silkie covered lot tonight where they will be safe until they get full grown.

I iced cakes early and then we went over to Aa's house to bring their Buff Orpington rooster over here as he has taken a dislike to BB and wants to chase him.
We put him  in a cage in the shed for the night and tomorrow so I will be here to see how he does if we just let him run loose around the garden and yard.
Since I don't have any pics for today this is a great day to catch up decade pics for the month.
The earliest thing I found was this telegram from my aunt Hattie's (dad's sister)  husband to my grandfather in June of 1917.
Then in 1947 I found this post card from my aunt Winnie to my grandfather.

And another single decade memory was in June of 1967 with the announcement of my mother's sister, my aunt Carol's first grandson's birth.

Well that should catch me up with the decade June memories and now I only have three more years to get done before the end of the month.
This has been a good day with plenty of blessings which I am very thankful for.
God Bless and Good Night.





No comments: