Thursday, May 30, 2019

G-DAUGHTER MOVED TO MISSION HOSPITAL

Up to Kristen bring IR by and then hubbie left to take g-son to middle school.  I got chores done and got ready for market. IR always rides in "pawpaw's truck" on the way there. She was happy to get to play at market until other g-ma , Connie picked her up to take her to her house and wait for the arrival of mom, dad and baby sister who is being released today.
Hubbie came back to market after he went to the dump and helped pick up all the food for our Old Timey Day celebration coming on Saturday. We are serving a hot dog lunch to go with other festivities.
I sold good today and am very thankful for all I did sell.
Got a call from daughter and there is some concern about new g-daughter's ,who I am going to start referring to as g-daughter CA , her breathing has gotten harder and they are waiting to check her at the 48 hour mark before they release her.
I went to Aldi and Walmart on my way home and just realized I forgot to do weekly paperwork and pay bills last night as I usually do on Wednesday night. I will have to do that tonight.
Hubbie helped me get unloded when I got home and then I got a call from daughter saying they weren't going to get to go home today as g-daughter CA's blood sugar had plummeted
 and her breathing along with her heart murmur had gotten much worse. Daughter was pretty upset so hubbie and I started hurrying through early chores and we headed to the hospital.
When we got there the staff at Park Ridge had decided to transfer CA to Mission Hospital in Asheville to the NICU until for better care and to find out what was going on quickly.
Another time watching the sunset over this hospital's parking lot reminded me of #1 son's long stay here years ago.

Hubbie and I helped get ready for the move and then followed the ambulance to Mission.
As soon as we got there they  took x-rays and said her heart and lungs looked okay and her blood sugar had leveled out with the glucose in the IV they had put in at Park Ridge.
They called in an electro-cardiogram tech and found a large hole in CA's heart that was causing the heart murmur but found nothing that caused the blood sugar drop.
The hole in her heart they think will close on it's own because it is located in the muscular part of her heart. Their main concern now is her fluctuating blood sugar counts.
I got to go into the NICU for a few minutes and she looked a lot better and her breathing had calmed down quite a bit.
They aren't in a room but just a cubical surrounded by curtains with machines hooked to her everywhere. Daughter and son-in-love will have to go out of the NICU into a small "sleep room" between feedings to rest.
Hubbie and I got home at 2am and were very tired. I took a hot bath trying to get relaxed enough to get to sleep. When I get over tired it is hard for me to get to sleep.
Since it is obvious that I am writing this later and back dating it I need to continue the decade series of May 1999. There was an article in the local newspaper about the 75 years the Curb Market had been open and I was in the main picture with one of my egg customers back then.


Also #1 son had his junior prom that month . In the first pic he and his date are between the moms.




Praying hard tonight that things settle down for g-daughter C and the doctors and staff figure what is going on and are able to fix it quickly.
And praying that daughter gets some rest for her body as she recuperates from delivery.
God Bless and Good Night



No comments: