Saturday, May 25, 2019

HOT MARKET DAY

Thankful for the cool morning temperature this morning. We got up the same time we get up during the week at 7:00 so we could get to market earlier and get a good parking spot to be able to unload.
I'm all dressed patriotically today to show my respect and honor all the veterans who died for our freedom. When people look at me today maybe they will think about the price of their freedom.

There was a lot of traffic already on the streets as we made our way to market. I'm sure everyone was trying to hit the Garden Jubilee early to beat the heat  of the day.
There was plenty of folks on the street as this photo was taken early this morning.

Market was okay busy but there were a lot of folks that parked in the free parking in our parking lot and walked right through up to the street to spend their money.
Daughter, son-in-love and IR made it to market with her baked things a little later and then hubbie left with them to go pick up a mattress for their bed.
Market got very hot this afternoon and I got a nagging headache from the heat. The people coming back from the street festival were red faced and sweating and talking about how miserable it was up there. I'm glad daughter and I decided not to make our annual trip up there. With her pregnancy and my bad knee this year we decided to skip this one.  It was 89 degrees today which tied the very old record set back in 1896 so it has certainly been a long time since it has been this warm on this day.

I left market and made a stop at Ingles  for lunch supplies for tomorrow.
Hubbie helped me unload and get things put away and went back to his cleaning work on the heat pump.
I had a snack and then went outside to pot the herb plants I bought this past Thursday.

I got all of them in bigger pots and made a pretty centerpiece for this outside patio table with this basket I found at one of the sales yesterday.

After hubbie finished working on the heat pump and turned it on to see if it would work without freezing up again we headed up to the garden to get the fence panels up for the greasy back beans to climb .
#1 son bought a  small swimming pool for his kids today and hauled water from the creek to fill it up. He came up and filled both our big water catchers full of the fresh water for watering the chickens and garden from the extra water he had.
I cleaned up the outside covered patio so we can cook out tomorrow and eat outside if the heat pump isn't fixed.
We ended the day relaxing and then hitting the bed early tonight.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night





No comments: