Wednesday, May 1, 2019

PARK PLAY AND MAY BLOOMERS

Hello  May,  as I get this new month started early this morning with both girls and g-son here on a regular schedule.
I got chores done and took RL to pre-school. I made a stop at Ingles on the way home for some baking supplies and fruit for the girls.
Deb, RL' s other g-ma is sick with a stomach bug so I am picking RL up today. I won't have time to get any baking done this morning before we leave to pick her up so we did some house cleaning this morning.
We picked RL up and stopped by the park for a picnic lunch and some play fun. This park is cooler than the smaller park we have been going to and the girls enjoyed running on the grass as well as playing .






 IR was the one today who made a friend to play with.
It didn't take the girls long to wear out on this 83 degree day and we headed home with 2 sleepy heads.
They both took good long naps and hubbie and I had our lunch and then I baked a couple pound cakes for market tomorrow.
During strawberry season I sell more pound cakes than anything else.
After d-in-love picked up RL and daughter and IR went with hubbie to Home Depot to get more boards for their fence I took a walk around the farm to check out the May first garden and blooming plants.
Our potatoes are looking good finally. We were worried about our Kennebecs after the red potatoes all came up and  not a one of the kennebecs came up but as you can see they now look like every one of them is coming up also.
The only other things we have planted are onions, lettuce, spinach and kale greens.
This is a pano of all the empty space between these plantings that soon will be filled with summer vegetables.
The Azaleas above the house have bloomed out except this pink one that is spreading out.
Now the Azaleas below the sunroom on the eastern side of the house are beginning to show off and these carnation looking ones are one of my favorites.
This white azalea with the red blush on the inside of each bloom is along the driveway and is a favorite also.
The Weigela is blooming right now and I have a couple bushes this same color.
And the old fashioned Snowball bush has luckily been able to hold on to its blooms so far this year. Usually the wind or hard rain beats them up and it looks like it has snowed under this bush with all the white petals on the ground.
My Iris are showing off this year also with all the colors blooming now.



Time for Chive vinegar making with all the blooms on both my Chive plants.
And thankfully and to my relief this old timey climbing red rose that I have transplanted several times has some blooms this year.
I didn't have much hope for this rose living after the last transplant was so hard on it but here it is springing to life once again. After the bloom finishes this year I'll take it out of this pot and it will be much happier in the ground.
This is a glimpse of all the growing things on the farm on this first day of May. Thankfully the weather forecast is to stay warm and hopefully get a little rain soon to give everything a drink as this month begins.
Looking forward to what God has in His plans for our family in this new month. Feeling thankful and blessed.
God Bless and Good Night










No comments: