Sunday, May 26, 2019

RESTFUL SUNDAY AND 1969 MEMORIES

Well our luck wasn't what we had hoped for with our heat pump as it was frozen up again this morning. We cut it off and will call my cousin to come look at it later this week after the holiday and after daughter has her baby Tuesday.
I got chores done and we put corn on the cob on the stove to cook while we got ready for church.
Church was good today as we had a very touching Memorial day ceremony that was very educational.
We came home for hot dogs and hamburgers on the outside grill and chips to go with the corn with a blueberry cobbler for dessert with ice cream. The house had gotten so cold this morning we left it all closed up and it was still very comfortable at lunch so we ate inside. We had #1 son's family, #2 son and Tif and g-son had Nic his friend over.
Everyone had a nice visit and then they all left leaving hubbie and me to a restful Sunday afternoon.
I went through pics to search for this month's decade photos. Seems every month I get later and later getting this done but I am determined to keep it up since just a year from this August I will have all my old photos and papers logged in by month on my computer and downloaded to my outside modem.
The earliest May things I found were from 1969. My report card from my freshman year in high school where I had perfect attendance all year  and a graduation program from my old high school for that year.






I can think back and remember that my freshman year in high school was a fun time for me.
Great day for reminiscing and humbly thankful for my blessings throughout these years .
Daughter, son-in-love and IR stopped by tonight with me some strawberries and peaches from their trip to Strawberry Hill down in SC.
Thankful for the blessings of this restful Sunday.
God Bless and Good Night


1 comment:

linda m said...

Blessings to you today. Loved your patriotic outfit you wore to Market on Saturday.